1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I saw a new Volt commercial on television. Here's the Youtube

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Rybold, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Rybold

Rybold globally warmed member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I saw a new Chevy Volt commercial on television tonight. Here it is..

2. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hmmm do not know bout you but that commercial puts me off getting one. Buy one of these and you still need to gas up but will be hassled in doing so.

3. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    That's probably the stupidest ad they could have made...

4. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I do not know. They could have created a person out of a lot of people. . .

3 people like this.
  5. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I caught the ad and its sequel a couple times during the premiere week. For informing people about your product, I thought it did a good job. It's in the same vein as those old hybrid, Honda IIRC, comercials informing the public on how they didn't need to plug in.

6. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Isn't there a bit of irony? GM calls it electric, but it's really not. So their ad man is making an ad, in attempt to clarify. Wow. :p

7. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    This is what you end up with after spending all the money & talent on the Camaro ad.

1 person likes this.
  8. spwolf

spwolf Senior Member

1 person likes this.
  9. rebenson

rebenson Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I don't know if you noticed, but the guy looks (told it is) the same actor that was in the leaf ad and the guy is is filling his volt.... I like the little jabs... it's fun.. (much better than the toyota add for the prius family.. it's a little creepy...)

10. Rybold

Rybold globally warmed member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    After all the effort of the engineers of these vehicles and the buyers of these vehicles to put a positive image on these vehicles (Prius, Volt), the marketing commercials undo it all by reinforcing the public view of these vehicles as dorky. Pull these commercials from TV and watch your sales actually increase! :rolleyes:
    The people that already own these cars, by word of mouth, are out there everyday talking with others about why they drive a hybrid. Maybe you should invest some of your marketing money into listening to some of those people's feedback and putting that into your future marketing.

11. dknight16

dknight16 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I thought the two commercials were funny and clever. I really did. Conversely I thought the Fiat 500 J-Lo add was postively horrific. Am I that out of touch with the rest of the world?

12. Roadburner440

Roadburner440 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Not only get hassled, but it is a hassle actually trying to put gas into the Volt.. By far that is the worst part about owning one is having to wait for the tank to depressurize, and getting the "ready to fuel" message on the DIC before having to put fuel in it. This is the first car I have had where I actually needed to read the manual to figure out how to put gas in it, as the first few times I would hit the fuel door button seemingly nothing happened. Personally though I like the commercial, and think it is funny... I like the bewildered looks people give when I tell them it also takes gas. Usually I get the same response, "but I thought these were electric." Personally I think it is Toyota that is making the creepy commercials that scare people away.. I created another thread for that though in the Freds house of pancakes forum after seeing the Toyota Yaris "It's a car!" commercials... http://priuschat.com/forums/freds-house-pancakes/98748-weird-toyota-commercials-lately.html

13. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I once had to help a lady at a station get the fuel door open on a loaner VW. Luckily the manual was with the car. You had to turn the key in the door opposite the locking mechanism.