1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I set off my own alarm-can't figure out why

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by April&Daisy, Jun 3, 2011.

1. April&Daisy

April&Daisy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I got in my car after getting a fountain soda from circle k. I needed to look up an address in my blackberry calendar, so I sat in my car a minute. There were some sketchy people around so I pushed the lock doors button on the inside door control panel thingy. I found my address, and pushed the power button. At this point, a blue light started to flash and the car started making noise. I found my key fob, clicked the unlock button etc. no change. I stuck the key fob in the slot, no change. The car wouldn't be quite until I parked, got out, and clicked the lock & unlock buttons. Very weird!

Why did this happen? Can anyone enlighten me on what triggers the alarm to sound?

2. Jim Porta

Jim Porta Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Is your alarm factory or dealer installed? My 06 Prius had a dealer installed alarm system by Auto mate. It was very touchy and would go off if you opened the hatch back before the driverd's door. My wife was afraid to unlock it. I finally had it removed by an auto sound store. The same one the local Toyota dealer used to install the alarm option. Cost me $50 but was worth the peace of mind.