1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I spilled food on the rear seat

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by dnoh, Sep 21, 2007.

1. dnoh

dnoh New Member

Ok. About 3 weeks ago, I was carrying bunch of foods in the rear seat. And it spilled. I tried to clean it up as much as I can but it already went under, I have leather seat. After 3 weeks later, I can still smell the food that I spilled. What should I do? It drives me crazy. I was thinking about very expensive cleaning service but it already went under the leather, how can they clean that up? For extreme thought, I was thinking about just changing the whole rear seat but that is going to cost so much money. Perhaps I should just trade in? Damn, I have no idea what I should do.

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Have you pulled up the seat bottom and cleaned everything out from under there? I don't see how the food could seep under the leather itself (is it perforated?).

3. dnoh

dnoh New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Sep 21 2007, 10:46 AM) [snapback]515759[/snapback]</div>
    I haven't take out the whole seat out yet. I was thinking about doing that this weekend. I think the most stuff went under the seat thru the sit belt area. I think I'll have better idea once I take the whole seat out. Is it really hard to take the seat out? Do I need any special tools to do this kind of job?

4. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dnoh @ Sep 21 2007, 09:48 AM) [snapback]515762[/snapback]</div>
    It's very easy to do actually, and no tools are needed. It's been a while since I last did it, someone else can chime in with details, but you life either the front side or back side of the seat and it comes right up.
    If it were me I'd do it today before things get worse.

5. VTMRGRTVL

VTMRGRTVL New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dnoh @ Sep 21 2007, 10:48 AM) [snapback]515762[/snapback]</div>
    A Wet/Dry shop vac. But I say that 'cause I have three under 4yo in the back seat in mine.... Knowing what I find on the seats and floor, it would scare me to look under the rear seat. :D

6. dnoh

dnoh New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Sep 21 2007, 10:58 AM) [snapback]515768[/snapback]</div>
    If it's that easy, I will try it out tonight after work. Is there any instruction how to take out the rear seat? Any diagram picture I can find on the net?

7. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dnoh @ Sep 21 2007, 10:16 AM) [snapback]515778[/snapback]</div>
    Here you go...start at page SE-15
    http://jaygroh.dreamhost.com/prius/Prius%2...%20-%20Seat.pdf

8. dnoh

dnoh New Member

9. jimgraffam

jimgraffam New Member

Hi. The seat comes out very easily and most importantly --- it goes back as easily :)

My 3 yr old spilled a McDonalds shake that went straight down the hole for the seatbelt and started wicking up into the foam. You may want to use some wet rags and some pressure to try to draw out whatever spilled down there.

Good luck.