1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I think something wrong with car

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by jason petter, Aug 12, 2015.

1. jason petter

jason petter Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    i think something wrong with my car, i have to turn it on around 48 or 50 in order to get good loudness.

2. Sergiospl

Sergiospl Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    WHAT???????

bisco and Xterra72 like this.
  3. Beachbummm

Beachbummm Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    good loudness?
    might be a problem with the muffler bearing, very common problem..ask the dealer for a muffler flush and repack for the bearings..
    let us know what they say..
    if they say no go to another dealer, some places want to charge for a new bearing when the old one can be reused.

its not cheap but it will be like having a brand new pick up truck
    [​IMG]

#3 Beachbummm, Aug 12, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
  4. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Uh, I'm assuming you're talking about your sound system?

So my questions are...how long has it been this way?
    Plus, is the sound level similarly bad with all formats...Radio, CD, USB Stick?

If you are burning your own CD's or downloading to a USB stick, then be aware that all recordings aren't recorded at the same level. You're going to get volume inconsistency.

I honestly don't pay attention to what volume level I have my sound system set to, I adjust as needed.

Check your settings, to make sure you don't have it accidentally set so the balance is all to the rear speakers. You can also adjust treble and base.

If you still think you are cranking it too far up? You may have a problem. But what is the MAX with the Prius? In other words, if you are pushing it up to 48-50, where does it max out?

LOL!

Well one of us has totally misdiagnosed the situation.

I assumed sound system because even at 48 to 50 miles per hour the Prius is pretty quiet. So as far as engine noise goes, I don't know what the OP would constitute as "good loudness".

Personally as far as engine noise and road noise I strive for Good Quietness.

#4 The Electric Me, Aug 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2015
  5. Beachbummm

Beachbummm Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    you might be right about the audio system, my muffler bearing only has a setting to 25 so if he is at 50 something isn't right..my bad
    [​IMG]

The Electric Me likes this.
  6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    mine is around 20-30 with the usb and 30 with the radio. 50 sounds pretty high, maybe the amplifier is going south. great excuse for buying a decent one.(y)