1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I, too, rented a TRAC Prius this weekend

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by 9G-man, Aug 14, 2005.

1. 9G-man

9G-man Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I, too, rented a Prius from my local Toyota TRAC dealer this weekend. 2005 Pkg. 6 with 1700 miles. Price: $40.00/day. I kept it three days, drove it on my routine work route for two days and then a typical Sunday routine for the third day. Lets get right to particulars....

When I picked up the car the ride was a little harsh. I got it home and checked the tire pressure...a WHOPPING 50 PSI!!!! So much for dealer prep! I adjusted the pressure to 42f 40r.
    The oil level was right at the top mark and, of course, there wasn't much I could do about that.

My two day work route is a 100 mile round trip each day. 10% surface roads, 90% interstate around Atlanta, GA. The last day was just the inverse...mostly surface roads.

297 miles driven...54.9 MPG average over my three days.

Interstate cruise speed was maintained at 60-70 mph in 89deg F climate.
    Needless to say, I am throughly impressed with this car. I had read a PDF of the owners manual and NAV manual prior to renting and every post on this site about driving technique. I employed throttle feathering, gliding, stealth driving in parking losts and neighborhoods and even neutral coasting on the long stretches of downward inclined interstate.

I found the car to be roomy, comfortable, quiet, and more than adequate for my daily work commute and routine transportation needs.

The navigation system was always correct and even lead me to an address I would have otherwise had to get directions to. Voice recognition was fun, entertaining and actually understood me about 90% of the time. All other controls were useful and well thought out. SmartKey was Awesone! MFD interaction was easy with the steering-wheel controls.

I was throughly impressed with everything about the car. I will be buying a new Toyota Prius after my current car sales.

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Alright. I gotta ask: Just what is TRAC?

3. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    Toyota Rental auto company?

4. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer\";p=\"116892)</div>