1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I totally embarrassed my wife today

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by kirkrv8, Apr 14, 2008.

1. kirkrv8

kirkrv8 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    So this morning my wife and my little boy and I went out to run a few errands before I had to go off to work, and her gas guzzling truck needed to be filled:mad: so we pulled into the gas station and lo and behold a Prius pulls up on the other side:rockon:
    So I jump out of the truck and pop over to the other side of the pumps and start chatting with the owner, really nice guy a fellow from VA we chatted about the Prius(he loves it) tells me he is getting 53MPG with it.
    So he finishes and says goodbye and drives off, while I am still standing there watching the pump wind up past 70$ and it finally stops at 75$ I hang the pump back up and just out of curiosity poke my head around to the other side of the pump:eek: THE GUY ONLY USED 4gallons!!!! and like 15$
    So needless to say I embarrassed my wife by in her words "jumping over the fuel pump before the guy could even get out of his car" and I can't wait until we get our new Prius this summer!!
    All the Best
    Kirk

2. prius729

prius729 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    hehe, cute story. this reminds me, I filled up at 6 pips on sunday. I paid $11 and change for about 3 1/2 gallons.

3. kirkrv8

kirkrv8 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Hey prius729,
    Can I assume that your avatar is you?
    I built and fly a RV-8, great airplane but nothing compared to your ride!

4. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I have done that to so many SUV drivers. This is the first time I am hearing from "the other" side of view. :D Interesting.

5. rpiereck

rpiereck Regenerator

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I remember the first time I rented a Prius, had to refuel it, so I head to the gas station and as I stop on the pump there is a guy already filling up his Suburban. I slide my credit card in the pump, key in my zip code, get the hose, chose the fuel grade, start pumping and he's still there, filling up the Suburban. Finally I fill up the Prius, hang the hose, and just for shits and giggles looked at the pump and said "wow, $27 for 8.5 gallons!" (gas was $3.2/gal). Then just got in and drove off as he was still pumping... ha! :car:

6. SpartanScott

SpartanScott Michigan Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I built a RV-7 last Spring. It's a great low cost plane.

I do get many comments at gas stations also. The first thing people ask is my MPG, then they find out I'm paying $25 to fill my tank. Then I wave goodbye.

7. kirkrv8

kirkrv8 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Hey Scott,
    WOW I did not really expect to find other RVers here but way cool!
    Like I said my wife and I are really excited about getting a Prius, I unfortunately need a larger vehicle for work but if I could figure out how to work out of a Prius I would:)

8. NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks Electrical Engineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hardly a day goes by without my embarrasing my wife, simply by being a Man. .