1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I want a Prius compatible DVD/CD/ player

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by jendbbay, Dec 12, 2006.

1. jendbbay

jendbbay Member

Please forgive my COMPLETE ignorance of all things iPod, DVD player, CD Player, MP 3 player related. Here's what I want: A device which plays music, movies, books on CD, even books on tape, if there is something that combines tapes with CD's and DVD's. I want this device to work in the home, plugged into a wall socket and I want it to have battery power alternative, preferably recharable. I want it to plug into the ipod outlet in the 2007 Prius Touring. I was told there is an ipod outlet there. Does this outlet provide power to the ipod? Does it merely patch its sound through the car's speakers? Does it provide both power and sound? Can this ipod connector be used with other devices, such as my fancied DVD/CD player?

I want my son to be able to download books, movies, etc. I would like him to be able to watch Netflix, etc.

By the way, we love our 2007, Prius Touring. Our MPG ranges from around 43 or 44 on the low end to around 50 at the high end. Cold weather took it down about 5 MPG, but our cold weather is merely 45 rather than 70.

Thanks if anyone can help me out here.

2. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Well, a portable DVD player will play movies and some will play CDs as well. There may be some that'll handle MP3s too, but I don't know of any. Doesn't your package have the CD player that can read MP3s? Anyway, you can use a portable DVD player at home or in the Prius. I'm thinking of getting one, but it has to be a multi-region. Take a look here for some information. It's possible to have the display on the MFD, but some have had their front seat headrests set up with screens for the back seat.

Your AUX input will be used for the sound as well as a connection for the iPod. It won't provide power.