1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I want this EV, forget the Tesla

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by dipper, Feb 14, 2008.

1. dipper

dipper Senior Member

2. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I guess you can forget the leather interior.

3. koa

koa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
  4. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I watched the video, and I have a few observations/questions:

It seems to drive/swim rather slow. Hard to escape enemy agents when they can outrun/outswim your car.

Does it come with the air tanks so you don't drown?
    Does it come with a blowdryer for your hair, when you emerge from the watery deeps?
    Is the underside protected somehow from banging it up on submerged rocks and snags?

Will the water drain out naturally, or will you have to open a door to let it all out when you drive up the boat ramp?

My brakes "grab" when they get wet. :eek:

I love how it stopped to let the pedestrians go by... will it actually keep moving on crowded city streets?

If you get your tux wet, it's ruined. Does this thing have an actual roof?

5. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    No roof so latex tux is not optional.
    A fun toy but I would prefer fast on water performance than slow under water. Retractable wheels or inflatable self retracting pontoons to lift the car clear of the water to minimise drag should work. Maybe jet propulsion rather than props? I mean water jet not combustion jet.

6. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I really think they'd sell more of them if it had a top to keep your clothes dry. Of course, that would require ballast, and the weight would reduce fuel efficiency on land. Guess I'd still rather have a Tesla than this thing.

7. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Fornately, like 007, I not only have a dry suit, I have my master diver cert, too :p.

8. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    There's an interesting point: I wonder if you need a scuba certification to drive this car.

And another thing: Considering that the interior has to be waterproof, I wonder how uncomfortable it is when driving on land.

I drove a one-man submarine at Stuart Cove's out of Nassau. Sort of a very slow underwater motorcycle. But your own buoyancy keeps you rising up off the seat and you have to keep holding yourself down by the handlebars. With this car, you'd have to keep holding yourself down, or be belted in, because the tendency would be to float up and away, unless you were wearing a weighted belt.

I just don't think this car is very practical.