1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I want to join the NJ club

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by BIGGDOGG, Jan 3, 2008.

1. BIGGDOGG

BIGGDOGG New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Is there anything I need to do other than look over this page everynow and then and see when the next meetup is???

2. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    First things first ... welcome to the NJ club, BigDogg. This would be the place to look and see if we're having a meet.

That being said, we haven't been all that active recently (as you can see from the forum). I don't know if it's the cold weather or that everyone's sort of scattered throughout the state. But that's the way it's been.

Someone (it might have been Jeannie, but I'm not sure) was maintaining a PM list for notifications, but I don't know if that's still going on.

Some of the NJ members you may come across (other than me, that is):
    RandReed
    iDonna
    Barbaram
    Jeannie
    JimN

There's others on here from NJ, but they aren't as active on the board or at meets.

If you're ever going to be down Belmar way (it's close enough to where I live), PM me. Maybe we can do a mini-meet.

3. barbaram

barbaram Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Welcome Biggdogg!

we try but it's hard to get folks together, we all are spread out- this time of year it's the weather that interferes!

just keep checking or if you have an idea post it!

4. tbirdhs

tbirdhs Tbirdhs

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hi y'all. Joined last month and picked up my Prius 08 #2. Do you do any meets in the northland? (bergen county) The Priuschat has been great for info. and mods.

5. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Welcome! And don't forget my Most Excellent Navigator Joe. I liked The Blue Rock Cafe and driving across the state for lunch. Perhaps you could suggest a place & date for us to meet. Speaking for myself the criteria seem to be: Free Parking, Good Food, Local Beer.

6. vttym

vttym Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Just joined the Prius world (I will henceforth call it the "enlightened" or "intelligent" world) and also live in New Jersey (West Orange)... seems I'll be adding to the scatter based on where some of you are. Would like to be added to the PM group though if that's still cooking..

You know, the Devils are in 1st place, and play right around the corner .. in a nice new stadium.. with $20 tickets in fun sections..

Just a thought :)

7. tbirdhs

tbirdhs Tbirdhs

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    sounds like a plan. havn't been to a devils game since they moved. use to have 4 season tickets for a decade.. last 5 years just went when i had the urge.

8. treehuggergeorge

treehuggergeorge New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Not sure how far away y'all are... But I am in Wilmington, Delawhere. I would be willing to drive to a meet.

9. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Our "members" are everywhere. One drove from Long Island, one from Harrisburg, there are a couple at the shore, I'm probably the closest one to you.

Everyone is welcome so just show up whenever "next time" is. Perhaps you have a good suggestion for a location & date.

10. treehuggergeorge

treehuggergeorge New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hello Everyone! I think I am the only Prius 'lover' in the Tri-State Area. I would love to setup a meet. Sounds like the NJ Club is all over. The immediate idea I have for a meeting place would be Atlantic City. I need to win some more money for more mods ;) Any thoughts suggestions or ideas ?

11. I<3myPrius

I<3myPrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hey, all!

New Prius owner here in NJ. Just checking out the forums.

(fwiw, I like the idea of a Devils game, even tho' I bleed Ranger Blue! I'm going to The Rock on Friday to see the Devs play the Isles. I'm a sucker for cheep tickets + live hockey + mass transit!)

12. tbirdhs

tbirdhs Tbirdhs

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Welcome I<3myprius. I havn't been to a game since the traders:mad2: moved to the rock. Its not easy to get together, we are spead all over, and being gas frugal means not making un-nessassary trips.:)

13. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    What's treasonous about the move to another arena in New Jersey? :confused:
    At least it wasn't Nashville.

14. Tomes

Tomes New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hi folks,
    A new member here that lives out near Flemington NJ (in Readington actually). I would like to be added to the PM list if you please, thanks. I am also interested in meet-ups, but Atlantic City is a bit on the really far away side...
    All the best,
    Tomes

15. Bobby V

Bobby V My other car's an Excursion:

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    :pop2:

Let's go Devils.

16. Bababooey

Bababooey Horse Toothed Jackass

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I think that tbirdhs meant "traders" (as in the Devils trade away all of their good players) NOT "traitors"!

As for me, I hate the Devils!

Go Isles!

17. BIGGDOGG

BIGGDOGG New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
  18. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't know. Because of its usage in the sentence, it seems like tbirdhs meant that the Devils were traitors because of their move to the Rock.

The Isles are cool too. Talk about great sports dynasties. But that was so long ago. More recently, they're still struggling to overcome the curse of the "Groton's Fisherman" jersey that they had for a while ... remember that? LOL!!! The opposing team's fans used to shout "Let's go fish sticks!"

Sorry,:focus:.