1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I want Xenon or LED Fog Lamps but already have fog lamps....?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by macmaster05, Oct 17, 2009.

1. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I want to upgrade my OEM fog lamps to Xenon or LED, and have seen some nice ones from Blinglights.

But it looks like these are the full kits, and I would have to remove and replace the entire OEM housing, right? What if I just want the brighter bulbs?

2. Speedsta

Speedsta Mr. Bulb

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Just get a Xenon Conversion Kit ;) LED would be much darker as OEM ;)

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    HIR bulbs

or get an HID kit for your foglights

4. statultra

statultra uber-Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    im not sure but, i would be careful with HID fogs, the temperature of the bulb may cause the glass to crack.

I also saw PIAA LED 9006 bulbs that were pretty bright, but expensive.

You can get a 9006 HID kit for about 50 bucks on ebay, with the bulbs.

5. plusaf

plusaf plusaf

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I replaced the incandescent fog lamps in my '04 with these... 2 PSC 9006 HB4 SAMSUNG LED Fog Light Bulb 80W 6000K 2000LM 42-SMD HID White DRL | eBay

The only BEAR of a problem for me was that once I got the plastic shields off either side, reaching the lamp housing and getting it to turn for removal OR to lock the new ones in place was a really tough job. But I did it. Bring a strong lamp to help you see into the small area where the lamps are located.

NOW, my next challenge is to rewire them so that they go on with the Accessory Line and NOT with any of the headlights.....
    Then, I'll have Daylight Running Lights, like I wish had been standard on the US models back then!
    Oh, and I did put amber side-marker LEDs on the front fenders just in front of the front doors, too. I love to let other drivers know what I'm planning to do... like barge into their lane! :)