1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I wanted a Low-Key Car, Wth!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by PriusTouring07, Aug 3, 2007.

1. PriusTouring07

PriusTouring07 New Member

One of the many reasons I bought a Prius was because I wanted to have at least one low-key car, which wouldn't attract all the attention to me anywhere I go.

Was I wrong!

I've only had it for a few days and anywhere I stop for gas or at a parking lot, or wherever, people come to me and ask me questions about it.

I get about as much attention with this car as with my other ones..........

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. hobbit

hobbit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, make up some Priuschat flyers to hand out or something.
    Seize the moment, spread the word.
    _H*

3. Bear68

Bear68 Member

One of my "duties" at my dealership is playing the Q+A guy at the new owner events. The dealership owner takes great delight in challenging customers to ask a question I cannot answer. (Toyota Technical subjects only please!!) ("If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullsh**!!") At every event, I plug PriusChat. I also tell every Prius owner I meet to check it out. This place is a treasure trove of information for anyone!!

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PriusTouring07 @ Aug 3 2007, 07:06 PM) [snapback]490281[/snapback]</div>
    You have a T-Rex?!?!

5. WA98296

WA98296 Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PriusTouring07 @ Aug 3 2007, 07:06 PM) [snapback]490281[/snapback]</div>

Are you SURE you have a PRIUS??? You've only had it a FEW days and you are stopping for GAS?!
    LOL

6. PriusTouring07

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius @ Aug 3 2007, 11:36 PM) [snapback]490380[/snapback]</div>

haha, I was wondering if anyone would know what that is! Yes, indeed. Most amazing vehicle ever produced! I just sold it, because I'm getting next year's model.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(WA98296 @ Aug 3 2007, 11:39 PM) [snapback]490382[/snapback]</div>

I drove it from San Fran to Vegas, then to the DMV here without stopping for gas (close to 600 miles total). After the DMV it started blinking, so i went to the gas station. I've been getting great mileage. I see no such thing as a break-in period. I'm averaging 52 without any trouble. I also see no difference with or without A/C.

7. brick

brick Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Would it make you feel better if I took the DeLorean off your hands? I mean, it would be a pretty huge burden to bear but I'm willing to do that for a fellow PriusChatter. We're a very giving community. ;)

8. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PriusTouring07 @ Aug 3 2007, 09:43 PM) [snapback]490384[/snapback]</div>
    Well considering I've seen the Fifth Gear test drive in Quebec and the fact that there was a T-Rex on the lot near my dad's office.. yeah I know what it is haha.

9. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brick @ Aug 4 2007, 08:36 AM) [snapback]490478[/snapback]</div>
    The DeLorean name and all existing OEM parts are now owned by a company in Houston. They'll be happy to sell you a remanufactured one, or soon (rumor has it) an actual new one:

http://www.delorean.com/

10. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    OMG, a DeLorean! Sweet! There used to be a small used car dealership in my town that had one in their window, waaaay back when I was around 4 years old. I remember seeing it and knowing exactly what it was and that it would be a sweet car to have (I was one of those kids that could correctly identify what type of car each of my toy cars were).

PriusTouring07, can I have your DeLorean? *gives you the big pleading puppy-dog eyes*

:D

11. PriusTouring07

My cars used to be big polutants. I took care of most of it already.

Biodiesel for the Humvee
    Replacing my T-Rex with the electric model
    The only thing I don't know what to do with is the DeLorean. On the other hand, nuclear power they say is the cleanest, so I'll just call Doc for some spare parts and some left over Plutonium I can use to convert mine :D

Problem solved! ;)

P.S. One day I parked in the grocery store parking lot, I come out to find a note on the windshield: "If you ever need a flux capacitor, call me! -- Doc" True story! lol

12. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A