1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I would like to once again keep this screen that shows my average gas mileage not?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by swaco, Dec 4, 2013.

1. swaco

swaco Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    In the old 2008 Prius I was normally averaging around 47 miles to the gallon on the average but on this new generation three 2013and only for where might I find that screenshot

iPhone ?

2. BZzap!

BZzap! Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Display switch on steering wheel.

3. RatherBeCycling

RatherBeCycling New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, but you may have to go to the settings page to enable the average mpg info; there is a toggle under "fuel consumption display" between "fuel consump" and "ecosavings". Toyota has, in my opinion, made getting this very basic information harder than it should be.

4. GoToTo

GoToTo New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    What is the difference between "fuel consump" and "ecosavings"?

5. RatherBeCycling

RatherBeCycling New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    "fuelconsump" is simply your running mileage, which is reset when you press and hold the Trip button on the steering wheel when either Trip A or B is displayed. I was disappointed to see that this figure, which was always at the bottom of the Consumption screen on our Gen II, was no where to be found until I burrowed into the owners' manual and discovered that this, among other goodies, was one of the functions hidden behind the Settings page. I believe the "ecosavings" function uses the fuel price you can enter (also in the Settings function) to calculate running cost. As I'm sure you have noticed, every time you shut off the car you get a page with the trip statistics for that particular trip, Power on to Power off.

6. Gioia

Gioia New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Thanks for this post. I was sure I had seen the "cost of the trip" display when I powered off the car - which kind of gave me a kick to see that it only cost $0.32 (depending on how far I'd driven, of course). But now it only displays the "savings". I figured I hit something wrong when trying to enter the new cost of the fuel at a fill-up, but for the life of me, can't find how to display the cost again. I KNOW it used to display that - at the time of the test drive the salesman said, "See - our drive only cost $0.00!!". Wasn't until later that I discovered that the cost of the fuel (driving off the lot) was $0.00 - so either it was a sales tactic or the young salesman didn't know the value hadn't been entered, either. BUT - anyone know how to get this back? I've gone through the Display functions a bunch of times. Thanks in advance.

7. liquidtenmillion

liquidtenmillion Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Just a bump to let you know if you haven't figured it out, or for someone googling from the future:

Press the display button to get to the screen that shows the bar graph with cost/savings per month. Press the trip button. This toggles between that screen showing savings(versus an MPG rating that you set for your old vehicle in the MFD settings) or fuel cost(based on the cost you enter when the screen asks you after you turn the car on after filling up.)

This changes the graph as well as the information that is displayed when you turn the car off. Very confusing. Some of the screens you can hold display to to change, and some you can press trip. If the trip button doesn't work to change the screen then you may have to hold display to switch to the other mode and then press trip. Very very confusing.