1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

IAEA Finds Unexplained Plutonium, Enriched Uranium Traces in Iran Waste Facility

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by dbermanmd, Nov 14, 2006.

1. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    What say you all now?

2. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Nothing... want to post a link to an accredited reporting agency so we can form opinions ourselves, or should we just take your word for it?

3. jared2

jared2 New Member

Yes. Where's the link? Or is this disinformation?

4. Alric

Alric New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I say; if true, that its too bad we are stuck in Iraq and lost credibility with the rest of the world. Come to think of it that's exactly what Iran must be thinking!

5. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
  6. EricGo

EricGo New Member

7. jared2

jared2 New Member

Why is it ok for Israel to have nuclear weapons but not Iran?

8. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eagle33199 @ Nov 14 2006, 12:24 PM) [snapback]348770[/snapback]</div>
    Direct IAEA announcement. I think Foxnews.com has it on their home page. I am sure cnn.com will follow within the hour.

It was an alert announcement on Fox News.

Also coincides with recent speach by Iran's president re: getting 3,000 centrifuges up and running by March'07 and that their nuclear program is running ahead unimpeded.

So what do you guys think - seeing how the UN's IAEA has made this announcement. Seems Iran is closer to going nuclear - not a peaceful nuclear - than we all thought...... ..... ... .. .

9. kingofgix

kingofgix New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Nov 14 2006, 01:21 PM) [snapback]348767[/snapback]</div>
    Same thing I've always said. Its too bad the Bush Administration squandered our international reputation and military capability destabilizing Iraq when there were real issues in the world to be dealt with. But in the aftermath of Bush's incomprehensible and collosal mistake in Iraq, we are going to have a harder time dealing with this one.

10. EricGo

EricGo New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jared2 @ Nov 14 2006, 01:38 PM) [snapback]348784[/snapback]</div>
    Odd question, but I'll give you a couple of obvious answers:

Israel views the weapons as a measure to avoid erasure, while Iran is an aggressor nation. Read their PM's remarks.

Iran is a *much* more likely funnel of nuclear weapons to terrorists than Israel is.

11. jared2

jared2 New Member

How odd that you think it odd. "Iran is an aggressor nation"

Most of the world regards Israel as an "aggressor nation". Certainly, the Palestinians and Lebanese do.

I am not saying it is a good thing for Iran to aquire nuclear weapons, but if they renounce them, there has to be a quid pro quo. In fairness, Israel, which poses a real threat to Iran, must do the same. There have been recent news stories suggesting that Israel has considered attacking Iran.

12. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

I say think goodness the U.S. people have taken a stand against Bush's aggression and stupidity so that it is much less likely now that we will rush into another stupid and illegal war without oversight.

13. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

This is what happens when you lose all credibility. Ask dbermanmd. No one believes anything he says without documented proof from sources readers deem as valid. He's tried to pass opinion off as fact too many times to be believable. Same thing with junior. He blew our reputation greatly and totally. Now, even if/when there is definitive proof of foreign evil doing, the international community will discount anything America says/proves. they will not come to our aid.

14. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(EricGo @ Nov 14 2006, 12:50 PM) [snapback]348795[/snapback]</div>
    Not an odd question.

The same reason its ok for the USA to have nukes and France and England and China - they respect life -

I wonder why he picked Israel - not really - but I had to mention some curiosity behind his singling our Israel - but we know why.

I guess his opinion is that its ok for Iran to have nukes even though they have state in public numerous times that they want to wipe Israel off the map. I will let all others put the pieces of the puzzle together.... sad though. He sees no diffence between Israel and Iran - not sad - but telling...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jared2 @ Nov 14 2006, 01:08 PM) [snapback]348810[/snapback]</div>

So after Israel gives back the Gaza and gets nothing but aggression - it is at fault.

Keep typing.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MarinJohn @ Nov 14 2006, 01:23 PM) [snapback]348827[/snapback]</div>
    I guess it takes a certain degree of maturity and intelligence to be able to form your own opinions and maybe even look forward?

I am assuming you will allow Iran to go nuclear?

And America is saying nothing here! It is the IAEA!!!!! So stop already - or call Michael Moore - maybe he can make another movie?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kingofgix @ Nov 14 2006, 12:49 PM) [snapback]348794[/snapback]</div>
    Point of Fact: It is the IAEA making this announcement - not Halliburton.

But the fact you are blaming Bush already speaks volumes. Now with the Dems in control we shall see what they want to do.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragonfly @ Nov 14 2006, 01:12 PM) [snapback]348815[/snapback]</div>
    You would let Iran develop a nuclear weapon?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alric @ Nov 14 2006, 12:34 PM) [snapback]348779[/snapback]</div>
    How is our credibility at play here if it is the IAEA making the report??

15. jared2

jared2 New Member

"I wonder why he picked Israel"

Could it be because Israel is the only middle eastern state with nuclear weapons? Or is that too obvious?

And in case your're implying I'm anti-semetic, my dentist is Jewish (a great guy and charges less than most), many co-workers are Jewish (nice guys), and I have 3 Jewish friends who are opposed to the policies of the current Israeli government. I do live in New York, you know, where probably one quarter of everyone you meet is Jewish. Put it this way, my son goes to public school and knows more about Hannuka than Christmas. He even has a dreidel. No, he is not going to have a Bar Mitzvah!

16. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jared2 @ Nov 14 2006, 02:28 PM) [snapback]348903[/snapback]</div>
    First, read your last paragraph objectively. You can number and identify the Jews in your life!! That speaks for itself.

Second, Israel may have nuclear weapons but has never used them or even threatened to use them. Israel celebrates life. Do you think Iran would use them if they had them. Does Iran threaten almost daily to wipe Israel off the map (do you not take threats seriously or are they just kidding or or or is it OK for Israel to be wiped off the map!!!), and Iran celebrates death. You still serious about your arguments or are you just pulling our legs here.

And I am wondering a lot more than you just picking on Israel at this point - tell me you are just kidding.

17. jared2

jared2 New Member

"You can number and identify the Jews in your life!! That speaks for itself."

What a strange statement. Of course I can. Maybe it is because they told me they are Jewish? Maybe because their office is closed on Yom Kippur. I also know who is Romanian, who is Irish, who is Canadian, who is Vietnamese, etc, etc. I don't know where you are, but that is New York.

You need to get out more.

PS. One of my "Jewish" co-workers just became a Buddhist. Does he still count as a Jew?

18. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jared2 @ Nov 14 2006, 03:08 PM) [snapback]348950[/snapback]</div>
    I did not know you labelled your friends and associates.

Why are you for allowing Iran to develop nuclear weapons to get back to topic.

And your last question, the answer is obvious. If everyone who converted from Judiasm were to counted as a Jew, the entire Western world would be Jewish as would your Islamofascist friends in Iran :lol:

19. jared2

jared2 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Nov 14 2006, 03:15 PM) [snapback]348955[/snapback]</div>
    Not worth a response.
    Anyone want to throw the doberman a bone?

20. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Nov 14 2006, 02:15 PM) [snapback]348955[/snapback]</div>
    You seem to think that knowing and respecting your friends and associates religion and heritage is a bad thing by "labeling" them... Point of fact, i could, if the need arose, go through my friends and tell you which of them were Jewish, Catholic, Christian, Methodist, Lutheran, etc etc etc... I generally don't and don't even think about it, but if i felt it would make a good point in a debate, then why not? It would be the same as me telling you how many Canadians, Mexicans, or Croatians i know - it doesn't tell you anything about my relationships with those individuals.

And for the record, there are individuals of about every race, religion, culture or creed that i willingly and often call brother and feel closer to than most people would imagine.

As far as Iran and nuclear weapons... so you found some nuclear waste that hasn't been explained... good job, chicken little - we were told a few years ago that they sky was falling, and look where it got us... stuck in Iraq.

Simply put, any of us can sit here and say "those bastards, they're gonna cause problems so we should go in", it gets a lot more complicated than that. We lost a lot of international credit with the war in Iraq. There's little we *should* do right now with this threat in Iran - instead, we should allow groups like the UN do their jobs. When the time is right, and there is a world wide backing for action, then, and only then, should we consider leading action against Iran.

you seem to be pushing the idea that we should go into Iran - whats your exit strategy, Mr. Doctor? While we're at it, did you do well at school and study so you could succeed.... or are you going to be stuck in Iran?