1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ICE (aka stupid newbie yet again)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by rufaro, Jun 3, 2006.

1. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have tried doing a search for this acronym, but it isn't enough information to get a meaningful answer. Please have pity on me and tell me what ICE is (apart from frozen water). :unsure:

2. brandon

brandon Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
  3. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brandon @ Jun 2 2006, 09:26 PM) [snapback]265034[/snapback]</div>
    Oops :(

It DID occur to me today that I should have searched for "acronyms" instead of ICE...now I do know better and will try to refrain from further stupid questions, and thank you for not scolding me :D

4. Jeannie

Jeannie Proud Prius Granny

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rufaro @ Jun 4 2006, 03:17 AM) [snapback]265501[/snapback]</div>
    You're not stupid - just ignorant. Ignorance can be cured, stupidity can't. You are no longer ignorant about the definition of ICE. In fact, you're pretty smart to ask questions when when you want to cure a spot of ignorance that's important to you.

I'm pretty ignorant about most sports, for example. For example, the only thing I know about lacrosse is what the sticks look like. But that spot of ignorance doesn't itch for me. But a couple of years ago I got hooked on the Boston Red Sox, and I read "Baseball for Dummies" to increase my enjoyment of the games.

BTW, I really like the 'SEARCH' option on this forum - I can usually find what I'm looking for here.

5. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jeannie @ Jun 4 2006, 05:08 AM) [snapback]265528[/snapback]</div>
    Ok--here is a followup from the ignorant :D :

When I do a search on this board, the results are a long list of posts--not indicating anywhere the context in which it found my term. Generally, I don't like to have to enter into each of the threads and then search over a gazillion pages within each thread to find my search term first, and then to see if it is in a context that would be helpful for my purposes...I am pretty good with Google, for example, in figuring out a useful syntax, and I can see from the beginning of each listing if that result might be of use. Am I being, um, ignorant, about the search feature here? IS there a way to limit the results and/or see in what context my term is being used? :blink:

6. Three60guy

Three60guy -->All around guy<-- (360 = round) get it?

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rufaro @ Jun 2 2006, 11:25 PM) [snapback]265033[/snapback]</div>
    In addition to the good feedback you have received.... here is one more resource. It takes Google and applies it's search engine to just PriusChat. So, if you can not find anything using PriusChat's own search function try this one:

Search PriusChat with Google

There is a ton of good information here. Enjoy the forum, it will convince you to purchase a Prius. At least it did for me.

Cheers

7. Jeannie

Jeannie Proud Prius Granny

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rufaro @ Jun 4 2006, 09:53 AM) [snapback]265547[/snapback]</div>
    Maybe I've just been lucky to find what I'm searching for quickly, usually on the first page of the search, and the thread titles are a pretty good clue as to what the context is. Sometimes I click on a few and look for the highlighted words that I had used in my search. It's not as great as a Google search of the web, but it's been pretty good for me.

8. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Three60guy @ Jun 4 2006, 07:15 AM) [snapback]265551[/snapback]</div>
    Ohmigod--that is BRILLIANT--you are AWESOME and I humbly bow to your blinding brilliance! Of course, I am now going to tell people about this method and let them all think I thought of it first! :lol:

9. brandon

brandon Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jeannie @ Jun 4 2006, 07:08 AM) [snapback]265528[/snapback]</div>
    This is a bit OT, but I'm glad somebody else recognizes and makes a distinction between ignorance and stupidity. Few consciously recognize the difference. I can handle ignorance (been guilty of it many times myself!), but anyone who knows me will tell you that I have little tolerance for stupidity.

Statements and questions like this made out of ignorance are understandable, and they are exactly why this forum was created. Statements on this forum made out of stupidity, however... well, let's just say I wish I could reach across the Internet and slap people. :)