1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ICE Break in Yeeeeeehaaaawwwww !!!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by roryjr, May 20, 2007.

1. roryjr

roryjr Member

Our Prius just went over 3000 miles. I am away during the week and my wife drives the Prius. She just drives. No trying to get the best mileage. (She was still around 47 MPG, though). When I drive on the weekend, I try to up it as much as I can. In my limited time in hilly terrain, I upped it to above 48. I got in this time and she had it up to 49. I asked if she was trying to P&G? Just driving with out the cruise. That can't be it. Then I realized. ICE break in period. Alright !!! Just driving it moderately down relatively flat roads on the was to Norfolk, VA, I say an average of 51.5. I beat the sticker mileage by .5 MPG. Take that ignorant relatives ! :p

2. priussoris

priussoris New Member

Thats great, I also like the last remark!!!
    I have said that about my relatives too about the prius ( oh no it's a foreign car they say ) I just laugh

3. roryjr

roryjr Member

When we were just talking about one, my mom's husband claimed that you only get that mileage in the city (we live in the country). I don't know how he forgot that there is a city mileage and a highway mileage.