1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

? - ICE revving more after repair work?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by gak27, Jan 27, 2010.

1. gak27

gak27 Prius, Take Two

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Greetings all!

I'm working through the final little items on the repair work done on our Prius (see my "How NOT to start the holiday season" thread) and while almost everything has been done at least satisfactorily (still a wind noise problem to deal with) I noticed something that I'm not sure whether it's me being hypersensitive post-accident or...:

It seems that under moderate to heavy acceleration the ICE is revving higher than it used to. Again, I'm not sure on this, it's just an impression.

If it is real, how would I go about determining that it is and what may be the cause?

Thanks in advance for any opinions/insights...

Greg

2. brick

brick Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    How are you measuring RPM? Do you have a ScanGauge or something? If not then I take it the problem is more noise than you noticed before? Since you mention wind noise, was the windshield removed or replaced? I ask because I had an issue with a windshield replacement because the tech missed a spot of sealant under the cowl area. I noticed the wind noise first, then I noticed more engine carrying through the gap. (The glass company came back the next day and fixed it, of course.)