1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Ice storm prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by parrot_lady, Feb 17, 2007.

1. parrot_lady

parrot_lady Member

With only one garage to share between us, and seeing as how I hadn't started work, Matt has been getting the garage for his truck. so when the storm my car was outside.... we wound up with ~9 inches of snow then ice over the top b/c it rained.

[​IMG]

The ice was thick on one side(so thick the back windshield wiper was covered in it) at the top of the car, then rolls over the top down onto the passenger side.

[​IMG]

All Four door locks were like that. Thank GOD I don't need a key to get into my car. So many people were screwed with ice in the locks, and yes, thats a SOLID icecube in the door handle.

[​IMG]

Ice thickness on the roof. Yes it was that thick. I actually set off my glass breakage alarm twice while I was pounding away, ramming into the ice on the back windshield. Apparently my car was slightly warm so it remelted harder in one spot, and got stuck good enough to break the ice scraper.

My car was frozen to the ground to top it off. Just friggen fantastically my luck. I left him there for a day and a half, cleaned off, ready to go before I attempted to move him again.

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    dang that's a lot of ice. I had some problems with my dad's Camry doors shut tight (thank goodness for keyless entry cause the locks were frozen) but never a situation like yours.

3. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V