1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Icey Road Warning Light

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by catsbox, Nov 15, 2005.

1. catsbox

catsbox Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I was driving to work this morning, the first really cold day since I got my Prius. I'm driving along, watching the outside temperature drop. At 37 degrees, the MFD lights up like a christmas tree! Here is this yellow snowflake on a yellow road. Soon the MFD went back to my usual screen and the snowflake/road icon appeared on the dash. It was really distracting. It took me a few minutes to realize what the heck it was. Wonder what other surprises are in store? Please, don't tell me. B)

2. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    None, if you read the owner's manual.

:D

3. MNPrius

MNPrius New Member

It is pretty dramatic isn't it. And I was still surprised after reading the owner's manual and all the posts on here about the darn little snowflake. But I'm a nervous nellie type :(

4. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Welcome to winter. I got it too this am. It took me most of my commute to get the car up to full hybrid function. Temps were 34 F and I have a block heater and radiator screen. I hate winter. You are likely to be a few degrees colder that I in Olympia from day to day. Good luck and join the club. Winter suxxx

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yup, got that on Mon morning for a few mins before the temp warmed back up to 5°C.