1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Ideas for removing car wax from interior?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by JHartman, Oct 11, 2004.

1. JHartman

JHartman New Member

My brother got some wax on the interior fabric of his car. He tried the hot water technique which removed some, but not all and still left the yellow stain. Can anyone recommend a good product that might help?

2. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    May I suggest that you stop by a reputable automobile detail shop. You don't want to risk any permanent damage to the fabric by using a product that may harm it.

3. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  4. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    stopping by the dealership might not be a bad idea. my sister told me that the detail shop (its the Ford dealership...eeuww!!) has a special oil that will dissolve the wax and leave most fabrics untouched. they just rub it on, let it dry a bit and vacuum it off.

because you just bought a brand new car, many dealers will give you one complimentary service, especially for something this minor....keep in mind that you will probably have to suffer through a pitch for fabric protector...(actually highly recommended...i did it and it has saved me a few times already... you just spilled wax, try taco bell taco sauce!!) i did have an advantage of having my sister do it for me... was less than ½ retail price...

5. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Here it is:

Chewing-gum and wax:
    put a plastic bag full of ice on the
    stain; when the material becomes hard
    remove the pieces and then treat with
    ethyl alcohol.

Maintenance