1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Idiot crashed in my ditch today

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by TheForce, Sep 5, 2009.

1. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Today my neighbor was having a yard sale and there was a lot of traffic. This really is not the place for a yard sale because this is a dead end road and its barley wide enough for 1.5 cars to fit. Well instead of driving 700 feet to my cousins huge driveway at the end of the street they all like to turn around in my driveway including all these big nice person FSP. Well this one lady was not paying attention and ran right into the ditch off my driveway. No damage to the driveway or ditch that I could tell. No damage that I could see on the car. My neighbor got a wood board under the front tire and backed her out.

I ask why are women allowed to drive?

Here is a link to the video.

http://stuff.jaygroh.com/carinditch.wmv

I was just kidding about women drivers.

But they need to stay in the kitchen.

j/k ;)

1 person likes this.
  2. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    The issue has nothing to do with gender. The issue has everything to do with the licensing of drivers: For some inexplicable reason, we seem to feel that a license to operate a 6,000-lb machine at 70 mph is a right that should only require the most basic of training: which pedal is "go" and which pedal is "stop" and how to turn the wheel, and then the ability to direct the damn thing under ideal conditions.

Then, to make it worse, you can take your test in a Geo Metro and your license allows you to drive a Chevy Suburban which is twice as long and twice as wide.

If we as a society were not total morons and assholes, it would require at least as much training to get a driver's license as to get a pilot's license, and the license would require an endorsement for each different class of car the individual wanted to operate. I had to take a trike test to drive my Xebra, but the test I took in my old Honda Civic allows me to drive a dump truck! This is insane!

The woman who drove into your ditch didn't know how to control even her little car. But she can get in a great big SUV and drive it around town or on the freeway. This is not about women drivers; it's about incompetent drivers, and most of the drivers on our roads are incompetent because the law does not require any training, and only the simplest driving test.

3. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    OMG... straight in!!

4. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Daniel I was just kidding about women drivers. :) There are just as many idiot men drivers out there.

5. hobbit

hobbit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    There are probably even more idiot male drivers, because they
    feel pressure to cop more of an attitude about it. But the solid
    smack upside the head that *all* of them need would be refreshingly
    gender-free...
    _H*

6. a_gray_prius

a_gray_prius Rare Non-Old-Blowhard Priuschat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    First thing that came to mind:
    [​IMG]

Your comments are more like this:
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    My dad had a bad habit of backing into things. I am sure he would have loved the new back up cameras.
    When my mom, at 81, went to the El Cajon DMV she had to take the written test 3 times and the driving test 3 times as well. On the third try the evaluator came up to me first and said "I HAVE to pass her but you shouldn't let her drive". Thanks dude. It took months to teach her a couple simple routes to the grocery store, Walmart and church. I finally did have the eye doctor help me to convince her it was time to stop driving.
    There are so many reasons why people who should not be driving are still allowed behind the wheel of a car and it has nothing to do with gender.

8. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Denying a driving license to someone who is incompetent to drive should not be regarded as a violation of their rights!

The last time I rode in the car with my father driving (he was in his early 80's at the time) he kept drifting out of his lane, apparently without realizing it. I had to tell him he was getting dangerously close to the car next to us. My sister finally convinced him to quit driving. He would not listen to me. But my mom, at 90, made the decision not to renew her license. She was smarter than my dad, and recognized that it was no longer safe for her to drive. For a couple of years she had limited herself to short, slow-speed, daytime drives on the familiar route to the P.O., the library, and the grocery store.

9. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    "Go make me a sandwich" he bellowed?

Snappy smart-assed comment number one: 'Sure, I'll go see if the boys next door are busy. Want pictures?' :p

10. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

Snappy answer #2. Sure, as soon as you make me: (rich, beautiful, sane, etc)

Snappy answer #3. Sure, but I only make conch sandwiches so where are our tickets to Key West?

11. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Did her car have New Jersey plates?

12. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    g's preferred comeback:

i'll make you a knuckle sandwich. since you're so helpless, i can feed it to you too.

1 person likes this.
  13. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Probably watching a DVD on her Drivers Visor DVD Player....
    H'mmmm

14. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I think not. She was trying to execute a 3-point turn. She was clearly paying attention. The problem was she was incompetent: She didn't know where her car was in relation to the street and the ditch. Permit her to drive a wide SUV and she'll straddle the lane, side-swipe someone, and kill people.

15. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Way, way back, when dinosaurs ruled the earth, I 'missed' a driveway I was turning left into off a highway. It was on a curve, and crowned right at the edge, and I couldn't really see where the driveway was, so I assumed that it sloped down straight. It didn't. It veered off to the right.
    I ended up going right down the (steep) grassy ditch, and then bounced up the other side, right up into the parking lot.
    It was embarrassing. Fortunately, my little girl was strapped into her car seat, and was just fine (this was so many years ago, car seats for kids were not even required).

I've had worse accidents in the kitchen, come to think of it...

16. djasonw

djasonw Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well since this is a bit of a humorous thread I can add a dumb thing I did about a month ago. I was in a parking lot late evening and I had to stop the car, go out and take care of some business (I'm not going into details). It was one of those moments that I just HAD to do it. Anyway, afterwards, I went back into my car and failed to realize that I concrete barrier about 6 inches high was right in front of the car but not visible. I accelerated and ended up on top of the cement with no traction at all. I called AAA and they had me on my way within 30 minutes. I felt like such a schmuck!

17. mgb4tim

mgb4tim Noob

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Why do you have a driveway cam?

18. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    "You better comeback with a godame sandwitch" is probably my favorite yahoo answer.

I have a driveway cam for...
    1. Security
    2. So I can see who is in my driveway
    3. So I can spy on the neighbors. ;)

I have a total of 8 cameras covering every side of my house

After thinking about it I have not had my grass cut for about 2 weeks and its kind of high. I guess she may have thought she could just cut through my yard a bit instead of properly turning around. If so I hope that taught her a lesson. I think I should just keep the grass high right there to teach others a lesson that try to be lazy and try to cut through my yard. :evil:

19. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    For the same reason I do: security

20. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Mr Jay,

Was there a fence surrounding the public health hazard in question ?
    Was proper signage posted to warn public of said public health hazard ?
    Please provide documentation of EMS, LBQ, and PCP licensure of person involved in vehicle retrieval.

Response due in 72 minutes, or actions will regrettably need to be taken.

Sincerely,