1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

If Al Gore were President (from SNL)

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by larkinmj, May 15, 2006.

1. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

Al Gore opened Saturday Night Live this week. The premise of the skit was that he had won the election in 2000 (well, he did win, but in this scenario he actually took office.) He's addressing the nation- here's an excerpt:

Right now, in the 2nd week of May 2006, we are facing perhaps the worst gas crisis in history.

We have way too much gasoline. Gas is down to $0.19 a gallon and the oil companies are hurting.

I know that I am partly to blame by insisting that cars run on trash.

I am therefore proposing a federal bailout to our oil companies because - hey if it were the other way around, you know the oil companies would help us.

On a positive note, we worked hard to save Welfare, fix Social Security and of course provide the free universal health care we all enjoy today.

But all this came at a high cost. As I speak, the gigantic national budget surplus is down to a perilously low $11 trillion dollars.

And don't get any ideas. That money is staying in the very successful lockbox. We're not touching it.

Of course, we could give economic aid to China, or lend money to the Saudis... again.

But right now we're already so loved by everyone in the world that American tourists can't even go over to Europe anymore... without getting hugged.

The video can be viewed at:
    http://www.crooksandliars.com/2006/05/14.html#a8280

2. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ May 15 2006, 04:28 PM) [snapback]255876[/snapback]</div>
    I thought the cut outs were best. You missed them...

Paraphrasing now from Al Gore SNL:

And we expect that Manhattan should be able to be reoccupied somewhere in 2125 when the radiation levels are brought back to normal after raizing the entire city.

And the internet, one of my better inventions is doing just fine on its 25 birthday, thank you, thank you.

And did I tell you about my new grandson, Chad, he tends to be a little clingly but he is so cute.

Oh, and my large stock holding of Google, I did not break any laws or receive any favors - swear to some higher being - not g-d - because my base of voters do not allow me to utter his name.

3. wstander

wstander New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ May 15 2006, 01:28 PM) [snapback]255876[/snapback]</div>

Yeah, its too bad about that pesky Constitutional thing called the Electoral College (the one that Al Gore was counting on when HE thought that the popular vote total would favor G.W. Bush)...

4. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ May 15 2006, 04:48 PM) [snapback]255888[/snapback]</div>
    You obviously missed a portion of the cut outs:

And you see Americans, you did not miss the internal combustion engine all that much did you? Within the next decade or so the hundreds of thousands of unemployed U.S. auto industry workers should be re-employed gainfully.

And I am sorry, but since the Earth has continued to warm up we must now put strict limits on all U.S. live births - this can be the only explaination as to why this trend continues.

And I would like to thank Al-New York Times for their endorsement on my plans to make all CIA and NSA programs available on line via www.screwamerica.al.newyorktimes.dom.

And I would be remiss if i did not say buenos dias to all my Mexican friends - now that we have opened our mexican border to all those that want to do jobs Americans dont - we have become a more diverse country.
    I sure do like your food and hope that by giving each and every one of you full rights and benefits including social security you will vote for me.

Next week Jock Chirac will be visiting. I think our placement of US Armed Forces under the direct control of the French Ministry of Defense was a brilliant first step in an attempt to getting the french people to love our tourists again. Of course, when visiting france make sure you follow all sharia laws and women - do not let any skin be exposed while visiting france. since the muslim majority took over we have had much more stable relations with french people.

Next month I am off to North Korea - our letting them develop nuclear bomb technology was a stroke of genius. You see how know one misses Los Angles. We predict radiation levels should return to normal by 2125. We are a little concerned that they are now developing rockets that can reach Tennessee - oops they did not vote for me so what the hell.