1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

If anyone needs to clean their armrest I used some stuff and they are like brand new, super easy.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Jeffrimerman, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Jeffrimerman

Jeffrimerman Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I was searching and reading posts and everyone had their method. I went to Target and got some Armorall upholstery cleaner and sprayed on once, let the foam soak in and wiped with a damp cloth. They are literally like new again and they were pretty dirty. I imagine any reputable company's upholstery cleaner would work, but for sure this one did. And who got it, THIS GUY, and who got it, THIS GUY(cheesy reference to vw commercial)

Andyprius1 and Merkey like this.
  2. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You know I never liked Armorall products.
    Never liked their dash protectant, too slimy and shiny....
    Never very impressed by any product I tried.
    BUT...

Recently saw some ArmorAll Tech & Screen wipes, in the Auto Care Section of my local Wally World. They were relatively cheap, so I thought I'd give them a try.

Thought they did an excellent job of cleaning the Prius touch screen.

Maybe ArmorAll is improving?

Still hesitant to try most of their products in comparison to Meguiars. But maybe they are getting better.

3. dorunron

dorunron Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    TuffStuff works good too! Comes in a spray can. I use it to keep the seats, armrests and console clean. I also use it to touch up the floor mats when they soiled. Spray it on, lightly brush it, then wipe it up with a terry cloth or microfiber towel. Once it dries, it looks like new.

Multi-Purpose Foam Cleaner - Tuff Stuff

4. KrisTheFrog

KrisTheFrog New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If you are talking about the center console, cover up that fugly Prius "microjunk" fabric with the leather cover. A big improvement.

PriusGuy32 likes this.
  5. TheEnglishman

TheEnglishman Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I created a thread on this about two months ago. I hate the shine that AA leaves on my dash, but their cloth wipes and screen wipes are a Godsend.

6. Jeffrimerman

Jeffrimerman Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I've never been a fan of the shine AA puts on the dashboard from way back in the day. This foam is legit, too legit to quite, hey hey(I'm always needing to reference cheesy stuff=))

7. Jeffrimerman

Jeffrimerman Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I'm going through my garage and I already had a half full can of TuffStuff, eeeee ho lay, could have saved me $6 bucks to buy a burrito =/

8. dorunron

dorunron Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Give it a try and post back what you think.