1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

If it makes a funny beep, listen!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by wdavid, May 27, 2008.

1. wdavid

wdavid New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I know you long time owners know this, but I've had mine almost two weeks and some other newbies might find this usefull. When getting out of our new Prius at a wedding the other night, I hit the door locks as usual and started to walk away. The car beeped and the doors unlocked. I thought that was strange so I tried it again, same results. Being in a hurry, I took the FOB out of my pocket, hit the lock button from a distance and went on my way. I figured it was a glitch and I would check it out PriusChat later to see what was going on. During the wedding I had a thought and asked my wife where her FOB was. In her purse, in the car. There was no glitch, the Prius was simply saying, "Hey stupid, you forgot something." So if your car beeps at you when you get out, listen to it. It's smarter than some of us.:(

2. rsforkner

rsforkner Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    First, Welcome to PriusChat.

I read it here on these forums some time ago.

Repeat after me: "My car is smarter than I am, My car is smarter than I am....."

Bob

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    The Prius is what my wife calls "Tony proof" :D

Welcome to PriusChat and thanks for reminding us that we all do that from time to time.