1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

If Prostitution Were Legal, Would You Do It?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Mystery Squid, Mar 3, 2006.

?
  1. Yes, definitely

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, definitely

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I'd really think about it, but I probably would

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I'd really think about it, but I probably wouldn't

50.0%
  5. If I had the money I would

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. If I didn't have a significant other I would

50.0%
  7. I just don't know

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

Assuming a "clean" operation, sort of like the "ranches" they run in Nevada...

...or so I've heard... :ph34r:

Me, well, I'll be honest, I don't think I would exclude the possibility. :lol:

2. tripp

tripp Which it's a 'ybrid, ain't it?

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    It's not clear whether you mean become a prostitute or rent the services.

I'll assume that you're moving to Nevada and are soon to be "open" for business. :lol:

But, if you meant the other. Naw, I'm married. You should have asked 10 years ago. :lol:

3. heliotropehead

heliotropehead New Member

Absolutely no way in hell would I do it. :)

4. Thomas Brock

Thomas Brock New Member

After spending $26k on a Prius, I don't have the money to pay...And I'm not sure that anyone would pay for me ... :eek: :unsure: :blink: So, I voted 'I don't know'...

5. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Nope. Don't understand the need to pay for it either.

6. Tempus

Tempus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Actually, I'd kind of expect to get paid, and I don't seen an option for that.

But, there's not an option for my choice either - I'd still do it as much as possible, and still for free. I don't believe I should take advantage of the demand by charging just because it might be legal.

7. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    oh ya definitely without a doubt...

but dont think i could get much for me....but i still be willing!!

8. Schmika

Schmika New Member

You know, if you believe in choice for an.....oh, YOU know...then how can you oppose a woman's right to sell her body...hmmm?

9. Mystery Squid

Wow, this is interesting... It's about 50/50... I'm also sure there are folks who voted "Definitely No" would actually "do it" (bada-bing! :lol: ) had they the chance. To make this thread more "juicy", I freely admit to doing it (hiring a chick) once back in '94 when I was 21, mostly for the pure excitement of doing something illegal, and simply due to how damn easy it was.

In some cases, it's no different than a date with benefits, with less strings attached too. Thankfully, it never caught on as a "hobby", as there's generally too much to risk, unless, of course, you're willing to shell out for "high ends" who really know what they're doing...

...or so I've heard... :ph34r:

Oh yeah, "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone..." :p

10. Mystery Squid

Well, you sell your body too.

One could argue you sell your body for whatever your cop salary is, given how much danger you put yourself in front of. Obviously, as a cop, the possibility of taking a bullet is very real (unfortunately). So in essense, you have placed a price on your life. From a perfectly tactical non-religious, non-moral, non-ethical standpoint, the prostitute comes out better, as she generally doesn't place her life on the line selling pleasures of the flesh, plus, on an hour to hour basis, she is probably better compensated.

11. Subversive

Subversive New Member

My mother used to joke with the Marxists back in college that prostitution should be an ideal vocation for Marxists, since the workers are definitely going to own the tools of the trade. :)

Of course in a world that many conservatives want, where a woman's body is owned by the state, I guess that doesn't really apply. :(

Back to the survey, I think you neglected an option for whether one might do it regardless of whether it were legal. Also, this survey would have been slightly more humorous, had your avatar still been an attractive female instead of a Dalek.

12. tunabreath

tunabreath New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    But the question here isn't "should this practice be legal"; it's essentially "does the idea of doing this appeal to you enough that, if it were legal, you would do it". The answers aren't necessarily the same. For example, eating olives is perfectly legal, as I believe it should be, yet it's a practice that I never engage in, because I hate olives.

As a more direct analogy -- I know a number of people who don't eat meat because their religions forbid it. None of them have ever proposed that the consumption of meat be outlawed.

13. 2Hybrids

2Hybrids New Member

Sure - I take money only from the ladies who want to have the pleasure of my company. I do it all the time. But then my wife nudges me because of my snoring. :lol:

No, seriously though - I'm much too sexy to be desparate enough to pay for it....

14. heliotropehead

I didn't oppose anything. I think a woman has the right to choose. Personally, I could never have an abortion. I also don't believe in sex as a sport. However, what everyone else believes and/or uses their bodies for is none of my business.

15. skruse

skruse Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    We are all "prostitutes" in that we sell our services for a fee. We receive compensation or we make payment for things that we wouldn't otherwise do - marketing and advertising are a major influence on inducements.

When it comes to biology, STDs and loss of integrity and respect are major deterents to prositution.

16. heliotropehead

I'm fairly certain Squid was referring to selling sex for money and not selling our 'services' for a paycheck. I agree that loss of integrity and respect are major deterrents. I respect myself and other people too much to give in to sex for money. Also, I believe in love before sex.

17. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Never done it. :D
    Even though I was in the Navy and overseas a good portion of the time.
    A favorite saying in the Navy was, "I wouldn't "F*** her, even if I could borrow your d**k." That's the way I feel about prostitutes . . . doesn't matter how good looking they are . . . beauty is skin deep, but ugly goes all the way down to the bone.

18. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Overall, I would prefer to see prostitution legalized. Make routine STD screening and condom use mandatory. Strict penalties for any violence committed against prostitutes. Etc.

This is a good primer:

http://www.minbuza.nl/default.asp?CMS_TCP=...58AAA13FEA22B43

A common sense approach would recognize that Prohibition only appears to encourage the creation of criminal gangs. That happened during the alcohol prohibition and it certainly is happening with the "War On Drugs."

19. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    personally i am sickened by religious dogma that has clouded and formed social judgement for centuries. there are certain things that might as well be legal because, lets face it, illegal prostitution is one of the healthiest industries going and has been for CENTURIES.

i find it tragic what society accepts and discards especially when it comes to anything relating to sex.

20. seeh2o

seeh2o Prius OG

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Two words:

Genital Warts

Ok, more than two words...
    I'm a big proponent of condom use (given what I do for a living), but even the best condom in the world can't save you from a wart lurking in an uncovered area.