1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

If Toyota had picked Eclipse for the Audio section

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by SynergyGuy, Nov 11, 2005.

1. SynergyGuy

SynergyGuy New Member

As some of you may already know, Eclipse is the manufacturer that provides the NAV system that is factory installed in the Prius (and most Toyota/Lexus models). However, Eclipse makes more than the NAV. Check it out:

Eclipse AVN7000 Audio Settings

They provide great flexibility when it comes to audio settings, including: Parametric EQ, time correction, digital crossover, sub-woofer out, etc. Also, there's MP3 reproduction and one of their models includes a nice 20GB HDD Juke Box.

Anyway, this is just day-dreaming. JBL was probably a cheaper option for Toyota and here we are.

Poke around their website, they have really cool stuff.

2. NuShrike

NuShrike Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    This looks like their next-gen hires display system that's currently being deployed. I wonder if it's very hard to get one of these and replug the Prius's display and audio into one of these combo boxes.

And lookit here at Crutchfield

Sounds about right for a new replacement nav+audio system.

3. priusenvy

priusenvy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I thought Denso made the Toyota and Lexus Nav system. Denso is part of Toyota's keiretsu.

4. NuShrike

NuShrike Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Since you can see that the interface for the nav is exactly the same except it's higher-rez, something is going on.

5. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

The interfaces look remarkably the same. I wonder if we can get DVD updates from them. They probably lock down the ECU to only read Toyota DVDs though, even if technically other than ID, they are the same.