1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

If you've installed SiriusPrius.....

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by BrianTheDog, Nov 3, 2005.

1. BrianTheDog

BrianTheDog New Member

I'm wondering if the Factory Interactive kit, SiriusPrius, can display full text (artist/title) on the MFD, or is it limited to 10 or so characters? I read where some folks have installed the Solara SIRIUS receiver in their Priuses (Prii?), and while it works, it limits text.

Anything else I might like to know about the product, like extra features or any drawbacks? The FI website isn't very detailed.

Debating on whether to get the SiriusPrius, or wait till mid-November for the SIRIUS S50 plug-n-play and hardwire an FM mod.

Thanks in advance!

2. kpauley

kpauley New Member

My understanding is that the FactoryInteractive kit IS the Solara receiver. It is a Toyota part. The value of the FactoryInteractive kit to me was the video that steps you through the installation, plus you get a better antenna and basically everything you need for the install except the tools.

The text display does limit text, a little annoying but that is pretty much a Toyota thing it seems as it's the same for the radio text and the telephone stuff.

I don't have much experience with other Sirius tuners, but so far I am happy with this as I enjoy the intergration with the existing stereo. There are some features that are on other tuners like replay and song searching that could be nice I suppose. I'll probably end up with a mobile unit I can use in my garage at some point which may make me disappointed with the Toyota kit :p