1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Ignition Problem

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Maryann, Nov 21, 2010.

1. Maryann

Maryann New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    A few weeks I purchased a pre owned 2007 Prius. Since I had never driven one the dealer (not a Toyata dealer) showed me how to start it. Electronic key in, foot on the brake, press power button. No problem. Since then I realize that without my foot on the brake, pressing the power button should bring the ignition to "accessory mode" another press should bring it to "ignition on mode." My Prius is not capable of this, it is either on with engine running or off. I have taken it to a Toyota dealer and they say they need to do a diagnostic on it. Also my Prius is equiped for keyless operation but that feature is not working either. I believe this car was previously used as a "Zip Car." Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    1. Does the car have a SMART-labeled button in the instrument panel area above your left knee, as you are sitting in the driver's seat? (That confirms that the car has a Smart Entry / Smart Start system.)

2. How many fobs came with the car, and do the fobs have a silver Toyota logo, or a black logo? (Silver is what you need if the car is Smart equipped.)

3. Regarding the car's not going into ACC-ON and IG-ON operating modes, that is very unusual. It could be that the Prius Smart and immobilizer ECUs were not correctly programmed to recognize the fobs. A Toyota dealer is the right place to seek help for that issue. Good luck.