1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Illumination dim issues and MDF flicker

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Sezy, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Sezy

Sezy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    After adding LEDs to my armrest my dash illumination is messed up. Using the dimmer has no medium setting, it's either full bright, dim or off. The more dim it goes the MFD flickers until you get the dimmer a hair above off. Steering wheel and sifter lights barely show up now either, super dim.

Retraced my wiring, checked the traditional style interior fuses, and replaced the dimmer switch. Jiggling the wires on anything between the dimmer and MDF makes no difference. On another 10 year old thread Illumination gone all wonky HELP! | PriusChat someone else had the same issue after trying to add and EV button. Said he "blew the panel fuse" and "it's a new kind of fuse". I'm not sure what specific fuse this is, does anybody know which it could be?

2. Sezy

Sezy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Just found it, literally called "Panel". Will try replacing it tonight and post results. Was unsure on how to delete this thread I just made.

3. Sezy

Sezy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Got a new fuse and fuse tester. Pic is of blown Panel fuse next to random good fuse. Please close thread.

20170913_150322.jpg