1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I'm a Proud new Prius V owner - better than I had imagined

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by dfrost7, Jun 29, 2018.

1. dfrost7

dfrost7 Junior Member

A month ago, I bought a 2014 Magnetic Gray, Certified Pre-Owned Prius V with 67K on it. I've wanted one for some time. At first, I thought they were just a body modification of the standard Prius. I've driven only a Prius (package 2) since 2006. The bank gave me a pre-approved loan so I went car shopping. Checked all kinds of cars but couldn't give up the RELIABLE low gas milage with my Prius which has about 250K on it (still runs like a top!). To my surprise, the Prius V is huge and an entirely new car design. I took a road trip to Washington (2700 mi RT) and was incredibly comfortable. The one night I needed to sleep at a truck stop, blew up my ThermaRest and sleeping bag, folded down the back seats and had huge amount of room. Two people can sleep comfortably, but I was on my own with a lot of road trip stuff. To my surprise, at the finish of the trip, my gas milage was 39.7mpg. I was fully loaded with tons of stuff for a painting conference and camping equipment. I don't think this vehicle was marketed or branded right. All you have to do is drop all the seats, front and back, down to get an idea of the possibilities. No one mentioned the great difference in head room. I slept in my small, regular Prius with a pad, but there was no real head room. Prius V, can sit up in the back and enjoy. So happy with this car!!! I'll send pics, but just wanted to post.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats, all the best!(y)

dfrost7 likes this.
  3. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I think low mileage clean examples will become sought after - especially when gas hits $4 again

4. jzchen

jzchen Newbie!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Congratulations! Glad to read you are happy with your new car!!!

5. PriusV17

PriusV17 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
    Awesome! (y)

Amazing how it was in so low of a demand that it was ended in the US.

Total Sales as of May 2018:

Rav4: 3.3 mil
    Prius Liftback: 1.9 mil
    Prius V: 160k (discontinued)
    Prius C: 155k

Here's a nice pic of V camping with more space.

v-living.jpg

Attached Files:

Denis Kavemeier likes this.
  6. Land1

Land1 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Yes ,We loved our 2012 too, The V is excel in room space just like SUV in different form, in 2022 we will get Camry hybrid and still keep the V for carry big stuff. It just a sweet vehicle, nice driving ,enough power for passing, fairly nimbler than regular hatchback in turning, not too noisy, city and long trip champ reliable for us in the last 6 years, just 1 battery changed,1 set of tires, fuel mileage always constant at 40-41. Just slow sale cause Toyota stop making it, really nothing serious wrong with it. Buyer these days just buy car for the look of it, and The V does not look sleek and sporty.