1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I'm Alone at Work with my Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ServoScanMan, Apr 26, 2007.

1. ServoScanMan

ServoScanMan Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Well, I've owned my Prius for over a year now and I'm still the only one driving one at work. We have over 1,000 direct and contract workers at the plant. This is pickup and SUV country. There's more and more grumblings about gas prices. When the discussion warrants, I tell them there is nothing we can do because China has over 1 Billion people, India has over 1 Billion people, Pakistan has many people and they want what we want...OIL or the products from oil. I'm approached by people daily now about 'the thing' I drive and what kinda of mileage I get. I always tell them over 50MPG combined the way I drive. I even had a guy at the gym who just bought a brand new Corvette ask me about the mileage. I'm still amazed by the number of people that ask me about how 'that thing' accelerates. The guy in the Corvette thought it accelerated quite good...I didn't know he was behind me. I think the news media and auto magazines are doing a poor job about explaining how a Hybrid works and the benifits they have. Maybe, one day my little Prius will have a friend at work. :)

2. Renocat

Renocat Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    My Pri has a friend at work. And they usually park together all day long :lol: The other lady bought her's first so you could say I bought mine so her's would not feel lonely.

3. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    lately there's always at least one prius within direct line of sight from mine. the red ones seem to be multiplying. i don't ask. :p

4. Screaming Red

Screaming Red Two Pri Wannabe

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ServoScanMan @ Apr 26 2007, 07:45 PM) [snapback]430842[/snapback]</div>
    :( :( :(

Poor little Pri! I hope she gets a companion.

We have about 200 people in our office, and we're up to 6 Pri's - 2 silver, 2 driftwood pearl and 2 red (1 salsa & 1 Barcelona.) The grandmammy is an '03 silver. One day soon we're going to line them all up and get a pix to post on PC.

5. dmckinstry

dmckinstry New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Renocat @ Apr 26 2007, 05:46 PM) [snapback]430872[/snapback]</div>
    You're so considerate making such a sacrifice. That was such a kind thing to do. B)

We have at least a half dozen where I work. Of course, we do have about 1000 (I don't know the actual number.) employees here.

Dave M.

6. Renocat

Renocat Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dmckinstry @ Apr 27 2007, 09:07 AM) [snapback]431101[/snapback]</div>
    It was such a huge sacrifice, but someone had to do it and it might as well have been me... :p

7. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ServoScanMan @ Apr 26 2007, 07:45 PM) [snapback]430842[/snapback]</div>
    I thought at first that this was going to be one of those twisted "Im in love with my Prius & it talks to me threads". But I was wrong.

Dude advertise..... Post the data on a side rear window,
    top spd 109 mph
    11 gal = 500 mi
    0-60 = 10.0 sec
    Cost $25k
    saftey features
    Fuel savings
    Fill ups per month, compaired to SUVs
    ect, ect.
    That gets em every time, the sheeple just want to be informed they follow what they know as being tried and true. Make them think how much money they will save.! I saved $2300 the first year switching from my truck to the Prius in 04... B)

8. Bill Lumbergh

Bill Lumbergh USAF Aircraft Maintainer

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I work with a guy who admitted he made a stupid mistake when he bought his 2006 Equinox. He drives 98 miles per day, round trip to work.

People seem curious about just "how good" the mileage is, but when it comes to actually taking the plunge and buying a Prius, very few are willing to give up their giant trucks and SUVs.

...sure.....just keep pissing that money away....

9. jamarimutt

jamarimutt New Member

The Prius is dead as a rock. It's just a car and needs no company to feel happy.

I know we're all kidding, but this tendency to feel that somehow it's alive is what leads, in my opinion, to the use of synthetic oil, nitrogen-filled tires, and other such niceties to make the car "feel" good. :D

10. dmckinstry

dmckinstry New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jamarimutt @ Apr 27 2007, 11:53 AM) [snapback]431286[/snapback]</div>
    Blasphemer!
    :angry:

OK. So I'm kidding.

11. ScottY

ScottY New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    My department has two parking lots, one on each side of the building. There are 3 to 4 Prii on the side where I park my Prius. Actually, 3 of us parked right next to each other today. On the other side of the building, I spotted 2 to 3 more Prii's. This place is a Prii heaven!

12. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    The boss owns a Gen I, and there are two other Gen IIs, so I came in late on that. Heck, the place where I work makes hybrid engines for buses, so there's plenty of hybrid company (watch the Channel 10 clip, mine's the first Prius you see).

13. Cheap!

Cheap! New Member

I was the first last year but now I've seen four or five around the various floors of the parking garage over the last few months. Heck, I even have another Prius owner that works on the same floor of my building. Also, now my CEO has a Camry hybrid. It kind of makes you wonder what the parking lots will look like on one or two more years as fuel prices keep going up.

14. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I work in a small company (< 25 people) so I am the only one, but I sometimes walk to a nearby cafe for lunch and notice the Pria are multiplying in nearby parking lots. In the lot next to ours, there are now 3 white ones just like mine, a silver and a red.