1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I'm an owner, after all this time

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by momfortheenvironment, Jul 2, 2006.

1. momfortheenvironment

I'm in guys, I'm an owner, drove it home and got like 32 mpg , so now I need to sit down with the manual and learn more but I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All these months of reading, put to rest my concerns, now I have my learning curve. Even my 51/2 year old thinks its cool!!! He loves the backup camera which they set to not beep which I have mixed feelings about because I'm in a neighborhood with a lot of little kids- off to change my signature!

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The beep is only inside the car anyway...an it's annoying. So if you want an external beep you need to add something aftermarket.

I have a very obnoxious "Attention Please, This car is backing up" external alert that I've added on.

BTW, Congrats and enjoy!

3. meezercat

meezercat New Member

Whee - enjoy it! I just got mine yesterday (am at 48 miles) and having a blast.

4. walt

walt New Member

Bel Air, MD, USA -=- Blair, Merlin, Merka
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(momfortheenvironment @ Jul 2 2006, 09:34 AM) [snapback]280062[/snapback]</div>
    Yea MOM! I knew you would eventually get one after doing a lot of research and thinking. Important decisions are often the hard ones. Congratulations, and enjoy!

5. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member

w :) :) t!

Congrats!

6. momfortheenvironment

as I was doing all my research I was saving too!! Just running some local errands got to 35.5 mpg, still reading the manual, you guys have been so great, hope you'll put up with my stupid questions!!!