1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I'm BAAAAAAAACK!!

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by InTheWASide, Sep 13, 2004.

1. InTheWASide

InTheWASide New Member

So hey all,finally in Everett, and finally back online. Over 1200 messages unread when I checked in today. lol

Just wanted to say thanks to all that came or tried to come, even though I apparently missed some of you. The last few hours before my friends had to fly back were chaotic. We got them to the ticket counter 10 minutes before the deadline...

Slowly getting through boxes and setting stuff up. The main goal for the help was to get the truck unloaded fast, and between my realtor and 2 friends from Cali apparently it almost all happened in the amount of time it took to do a beer/pizza run. We got the big bulky crap into place and now we're just slowly peckin away at it. My goal in the next couple days is to at least get it all over to the side so my baby can FIT in the garage.

Thanks to all since the first post for well wishes, and either coming or trying to come and make it. It's very kind and appreciated.

Hope to see you all on the 18th or 25th (my vote) or whenever we all finally get together to meet.

See you all soon, and again, my thanks. 8)

2. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    So how do you like WA so far? Nice bit of a storm over the weekend, eh? I can't wait for the good stuff to hit us this fall. Power outages are cool.

3. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Two thoughts:

4. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Actually, I'm so used to kerosene lamps that I never notice the smell all that much. But when it does start to get smelly we just open a window a bit. Smell goes away.

Hmmm, liquid paraffin.... *makes note*

5. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius

6. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Yep, can't wait. I remember a time when we'd be out of power for a week or two at a time. We've got a wood-burning stove, so heat and cooking can continue dispite no power. Kerosene lamps provide light, and rechargable batteries in a small 3" B&W TV/Radio allow us to keep tabs on the news. Shit-load of Scifi books in my bookcase. We're set.

This morning, a squirrel desides to commit suicide. At 8am I heard a loud BANG! followed the screaming of my computer's backup battery. No lights. No hot water. No working stove. Thanks, squirrel. :roll: Power stayed out til 1:30pm. Seems to be a frequent problem in my neighborhood. Squirrels and blue jays blow themselves up when they land on the transformers. You go outside after the bang, and can find either squirrel chunks, a whole (blackened, stiff, and frizzed out) squirrel, or bits of blue jay and a lot of feathers strewn around. My dogs think it's awesome. I just like the power outage.

7. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    A moment of silence for the squirrel..... OK squirrels are my dogs worst enemy, they torment her. To paraphrase William T. Sherman "the only good squirrel is a dead squirrel".

8. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    LOL! Yep, my dogs agree whole-heartedly with William T. Sherman's quote. If you so much as whisper the word 'squirrel', they bark madly and run to the door so you'll let them out to chase it. They get so worked up at the mear word, that they attack eachother at the door. *resigned sigh* They have the same reaction to the words 'cat' and 'Evil Kitty'. Evil Kitty is my neighbor's cat that likes to torment my dogs by walking THROUGH my yard (oh the horror), mear feet from the windows, so that the dogs go mad and bark histarically. He then turns around and comes back through the yard again to the other side. Repeat all day long. Drives my dogs up the wall. If Evil Kitty doesn't get a bark, he waits about 30 mins and tries again. It's pretty funny. :lol: