1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I'm Back - to Priuschat.com

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by O-Mel-Prius, Oct 3, 2008.

1. O-Mel-Prius

O-Mel-Prius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two

My last post to this site was almost exactly a year ago. When the website got updated, I could not log on, and I could not get it to send me my password. I was on Facebook, saw Prius Chat group, joined and tried again, and I got back in to this site. Some of my information was lost, but it still had some of my information.
    I attended the Alternative Energy Transportation Festival in Boston on Oct. 2, 2007. Got to meet and see their cars: Neicy, Doc Willie, and Hobbit. How is everyone doing? Any shows or local meet ups in the works?

I wanted to re-introduce myself; I'm Melody and I'm from Concord, Mass.
    I purchased new Classic Silver Metallic with grey interior, 2007, total of 2 miles. Picked it up on Wednesday (Sept. 5), just in time for my birthday. I really love all of its high tech features. I knew I wanted the hybrid with the GPS (love the large display screen) and the Bluetooth hands-free feature (package #5). I still love my car.

Today my local sevice station is changing the oil for me (who work on a lot of Prius) I printed out the Oil Change document for them as a referance. I asked them to use synthetic oil. I will not take it back to the dealer for service. I know the recommendation for an oil change is every 5K. As you see I'm not very good about timely maintance. I had synthetic oil put in Dec 2007 and now my second oil change is today (Oct 3, 2008),
    I have 20k miles on it now
    . Can I go longer between oil changes with synthetic oil? Is there something else they should be checking at 20K?
    Melody

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Glad to have you back.

3. O-Mel-Prius

O-Mel-Prius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Evan, Thank you for the warm welcome. I was surprised to have someone from the State of Missouri welcoming me back, especially on the Boston, MA forum. Wow, you have posted 13,300 times, that's a lot of posts. What is the Boston connection? Did you attend the Boston Alternative Energy Transportation Festival (2007)? I have lots of family in St. Louis. Melody

4. Ichabod

Ichabod Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Evan's a moderator here, so he's always poking around in threads you might not expect to find him in. :)

Welcome back, from a real New Englander! (actually, I'm a westerner, but I live here, so that's close enough.)

5. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yea, Ichabod nailed it...I sometimes don't even notice what forum stuff is posted in b/c I see them all and read them all.

6. Neicy

Neicy Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Hi Melody! Great to hear from you again. They cancelled the Alt Fest this year to "use their resources in other ways" which I was planning on going to. PM me and we can get together for coffee and maybe we can get something going.

7. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome back!