1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I'm Back!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by jburns, Aug 10, 2009.

1. jburns

jburns Senior Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Well I am a Prius owner again. Went out looking this morning and just got home with my new 2010 Blizzard Pearl III. Good experience at the dealer which was the same one I bought my 2006 Prius from. Wouldn't officially budge from MSRP but no extra charges and they threw in the floor mats.

In the finance office everything was straight up. When it got to warranty time he offered the Platinum 7year/100 thousand for $1295. I told him that wasn't to bad of a price based on what I have been reading about what some dealers charge. He said they didn't gouge because people find out later and you lose repeat business. I then told him I could get the same warranty for $1055. He asked where and I said through an online forum. He told me that was a good price because his cost was $979. I was going to offer $1100 but before I could he said he would match it.

But I wasn't done. I asked him if he wanted to get the highest rating in the history of Toyota. He said sure. I said how about knocking $1 more off of the warranty so I can have some fun bragging in the Prius forum that I beat their price. He laughed and said done. So I am now announcing that; I got the Platinum 7year/100,000 mile warranty for $1054

2. Jabber

Jabber Chicagoland Prius Guy

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I could have saved you 2 dollars. :D

Congrats on the purchase and the smooth transaction. That is the way they should all be...