1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I'm Being Subscribed to Topics

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by ScubaX, Oct 11, 2005.

1. ScubaX

ScubaX Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I noticed yesterday I had some emails for topic reply's on threads I had never subscribed to or even read. Today I get home and there are three more, all of which were started today while I was at work. I also just got an email for a topic that just posted and it does not show under My Controls/Subscribed Topics. I have checked for forum subscriptions and have none.

Did I turn somthing on that is doing this or is this a bug?

2. Wayne

Wayne Active Member

I think this is tied to the board crash somehow. I just had to fix my subscriptions too. Subscribed to things I never subscribed to, notifications set to delayed when I always do immediate, etc...

Boy, I miss the last couple of month's worth of posts, there was a lot of great info in there! :(

3. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Yeah, it probably has something to do with that. I'm not really sure what I can do to help other than ask Wayne exactly the steps he went through to change his notifications.

I hope to have all of the old posts up by the end of the week.

4. Wayne

Wayne Active Member

Yey!!! :D I'll be very happy to see the missing posts back!!! Thanks for all your efforts, Danny!!

On what I did, I clicked on the "My Controls" link at the top of the page, then under "Subscriptions" I clicked "View Topics". Then, I check-marked the posts I wanted to remove, and clicked "Unsubscribe" at the bottom. Then, on the ones I wanted to change notification for, I changed "Unsubscribe" at the bottom to "Change to: Immediate Email Notication" (or whatever), then checked-marked those posts, and clicked the "with selected" button again.

Hope that's clear enough... :blink:

5. ScubaX

ScubaX Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I've already done that twice, but thanks anyway. Hopefully they are done appearing now.

6. bookrats

bookrats New Member

Yup, my subscriptions now point to different threads. Not a biggie -- I deleted them (all my subscriptions pointed to "lost" threads.)

Thanks for all your hard work getting the threads back up, Danny -- I know it can't be easy!

7. ScubaX

ScubaX Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    And it continues. Everyday I get multiple subscriptions to threads started when I am not even looking at Priuschat. I get a dozen or more emails everyday from new topics. I have changed my current selections to no email. We shall see if this at least stops the emails.

8. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Yeah, now I'm thinking the only solution is to delete the contents of the "subscriptions" table and have everyone start fresh with their thread subscriptions.

Which is worse - losing your subscriptions or being subscribed to multiple topics you didn't mean to be subscribed to?

9. popoff

popoff New Member

Survey time?

10. ScubaX

ScubaX Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well now I am not only getting subscriptions, but also emails when I have set the default to no emails.

I have now gone into my email settings and removed the "tick" mark from email replys. We shall see if that works.