1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I'm Down to Two Green Bars...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by LOLGuy, Mar 22, 2005.

1. LOLGuy

LOLGuy Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    and about to fill-up for the first time. I've read the posts concerning refueling, but other than fill rate and overfilling are there other considerations I should keep in mind? Thank you!!!

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yea, don't fill up for a while...you should have, easily, another 80-150 miles of driving....wait until the last bar flashes or you probably won't get even 6 gallons in the tank.

Be sure to write down your trip miles, total miles, fuel cost, and total fuel. Maybe even jot a note about your technique and weather and trip types you used this tank.

http://www.Greenhybrid.com has a great database for tracking your fuel economy...click on my 'Mileage link" in my signature to see what it looks like and you'll also see how to post your data there.

3. BoBraxton

BoBraxton New Member

I found out that I had already registered and eventually will be buying a tank of gasoline, once the first tank full is used up.
    An incentive would be to have an Export function to be able to send a copy of my own data from your database into (for example) Microsoft Excel, which is where I would otherwise be tracking fuel mileage.