1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I'm getting one

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ladyinblack, Jul 19, 2006.

1. ladyinblack

ladyinblack New Member

The last time I filled my tank on my Trooper it cost me $65.00 :angry: :angry: that was it. I went to my local Toyota dealer and they didnot have the color and pkg (7) I wanted in stock. But it is supposed to arrive here by the end of next week :D :D

Reading your forums tonight confirmed I am making the right decision. I don't have a monthly payment with my Trooper, but the gas savings (I am in sales) will be enough for me to take a cruise or 2 next year.

I am so excited, I was wondering however, that Toyota does not offer ventashades for the windows, and if any are available, and what that might do to the aerodynamics of the car?

2. Jack Kelly

Jack Kelly New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Good for you! (and everyone else :D )

Though I haven't had those shades, I'm on my fourth Prius and feel safe in saying you'd have no MPG hit, or a negligible one. Because Toyota went to extraordinary lengths to refine aerodynamics, even adding a slim plastic "air dam" this year that looks as if it would have no effect (yet they did it!), people tend to think certain things (e.g., wheel trim rings, mud flaps) might measurably affect MPG. In most cases, they won't.

If the U. of Richmond is the Spiders, and you're the lady in black...