1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I'm like a new father waiting for the birth

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by markderail, Sep 13, 2006.

1. markderail

markderail I do 45 mins @ 3200 PSI

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    :) I'm picking up the car on Sept 20th '06. Can't wait! Will it work with my BlackBerry?

It was so funny buying the car, because at the price range in Canada for the 06 B option, the Camry Hybrid is a little bit cheaper. The Honda Civic Hybrid is much cheaper here with similar options.

I test drived the car with my wife for about an hour and was hooked.
    I cancelled my test drive with Honda, didn't even want to try another car, for fear of driving something better.

Ever get a salesman you have to push for the upsales? I wanted tinted windows, the 3M clear hood & side paint protection, winter tires with rims, etc.

FWIW, my private company is leasing the car 4 yrs, then I'm keeping it for myself since I only expect to do 12,000KM a year, half of the lease allowance. So I splurged on all the options as it doesn't influence the buy-back, only the monthly.

Being a certified nerd and hacker, not playing with the car internals until the lease is up will be quite the challenge.

What's cool is my 16yr daughter and 14yr son are just as excited. It's not a ZEV, but it's the next best thing for 2006. Perhaps in two years from now the Koreans will market the ZEV's here in Canada and I'll change my Corolla for one. Wouldn't that be nice? :rolleyes: A SULEV + ZEV instead of what most of my just-as-rich-showoff neighbors with their SUV+SUV or SUV+Regular combos.

Looking forward to reading all the great techniques for those extra savings. Perhaps driving no more than 110KM (65M/H) in the left lane to purposely slow down the SUV's will also add to reducing Total Carbon Emissions! hehehe
    (Here in Quebec it is normal for SUV's and mini-vans to cruise-control highways at 140km/h)

2. eclectcmoi

eclectcmoi Muffinologist

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Just be prepared to fall in love! :wub:

3. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    :D Hi Mark!! Welcome to PC :D

I know exactly how you feel, and reading the thoughts and feelings of new owners like you keeps that feeling fresh for me as well.... and I'm talking like an old timer, I've had my Prius for a little about two months now, and I still can't wait to get in and drive it every morning.

My private company also bought my car as well, but its a purchase, not a lease. I really can't get enough of driving it, and I really do learn something new about the car almost every day. the real challenge is to just drive it like a normal car.

If you read through the posts you'll find here, there are check lists to print out and take with you when you pick up your new spaceship. Its very worthwhile looking through those. You can also find information to help you get the most out of your car.... the most mileage, the most pleasure, the most modifications, etc.... what ever you might be into, you'll find it in here somewhere.

I can just recommend you look around, and read everyone else's posts and enjoy. Welcome to the club!! :D

4. Jeannie

Jeannie Proud Prius Granny

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eclectcmoi @ Sep 13 2006, 08:49 PM) [snapback]319224[/snapback]</div>
    I think it's too late - he's a goner <g>

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats Mark! From another Canadian owner!

It's actually rated as AT-PZEV even though the brochure says SULEV. Also, the Camry Hybrid is quite good, I've test driven it twice already.

6. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    "something better"?! Clearly, one of us is mistaken.

Welcome, Mark. Congrats on your order and impending delivery. Alas, I remember anxiously awaiting the delivery of Priapus as though it were a mere two years, 20 days ago.

Good luck getting any sleep waiting for it. And then good luck sleeping for a few nights after getting it. :D

7. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Welcome, and congratulations on your soon-to-be special delivery!! I have a feeling this next week is going to be a looooooong one for you while you wait anxiously. :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer @ Sep 14 2006, 06:14 AM) [snapback]319425[/snapback]</div>
    Yes....there is nothing better than the Prius. ;)

8. markderail

markderail I do 45 mins @ 3200 PSI

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rancid13 @ Sep 14 2006, 12:01 PM) [snapback]319521[/snapback]</div>
    I was supposed to get last Tuesday, finally picked it up last NIGHT! OMG !!! Those ExTrA dAyS seemed like forever.

It was 8pm by the time I got out, all dark! What buttons to press?!?!? Soooooo coooool I feel like a 14yr old receiving his XBox 360 PLUS the 46" Sony XBR LCD TV to go with it!

Ah to feel 23 years younger all of a sudden. :lol:

Then this morning, going to work, I got to rediscover it all over again..... :p

Now I got my Blackberry phone connected fine with the Bluetooth, but the phonebook transfer don't work. I'll have to look that up.
    • B package
    • Tinted windows
    • 3M clear hood & side paint protection
    • 3M Scotch Gard
    • Sherlock
    • Rims + Winter tires, so not to dmg those nice Mags
    :wub:

9. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats! Félicitation! Have fun with your new car!