1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

i'm so proud of you guys...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by galaxee, Oct 7, 2007.

1. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    kudos to the PC community! i've been keeping quiet on the tech stuff lately because DH has been either too scarce or too engrossed in his studying for me to want to disturb him, (plus scarce internet availability and a pile of other reasons, isn't life fun) but i haven't noticed any problem topics that haven't been addressed pretty well here lately.

granted, DH and i worked hard to put the information/power in YOUR hands so we expected this eventually. but wow. seriously. wow.

i am proud. and DH, if he wasn't dead asleep, would also be proud. you may not all be techs, you may not have lived that life 12+ hours a day 6 days a week for a good chunk of your professional lives (and for that he will continue to consider himself THE prius guy :p), but you've got a great grip on the regular issues and the process to figure out the new stuff.

i'm glad. :)

2. Neicy

Neicy Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    We all had great teachers!

PS. How's it going with everything? If you've posted I have missed it.

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    The reason for the good responses on the technical questions is easy: I steer away from trying to answer them! B)

4. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    The purpose of the teacher is not to just give the answer but to teach the student how to find the answer for themselves, thus rendering the teacher eventually obsolete.

You and DH have been good teachers.

5. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    happy to be obsolete then. (psst, how does one render one's principal investigator obsolete? :p)

things are going as best as can be expected, really. unemployment sucks, he's trying his best to cope with it. but we are making good progress on treating the treatable pain issues- thankful to finally have a good doctor.

i'm stressed as usual, i think i should have anticipated something more like 5 years of the worst crap imaginable when i signed that acceptance letter. i'm still hoping for a spring 2009 graduation date and if things go well in the next couple of months it's definitely feasible.

to quote a good song, "18 months seems like f***ing eternity"

6. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well Galaxee, we sure appreciate your work as well as your DH's. I wish you two all the best and I'm sure you will pull through :).

7. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The best teachers teach their students how to learn as well as find the solutions to problems.

With 26 years as a mechanic I do what I can. Unfortunately I got out of the trade before the Prius came to Australia. Well fortunately really, now I make real money and don't come home filthy every night. I also don't have to put up with cuts, scrapes, burns, bumps, broken, nails, etc.

I was also the diagnostic guy. Fortunately I was on an hourly rate so I knew I could pay the bills each week.