1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I'm thinking of spending the night in my new Camry XLE

Discussion in 'Toyota Hybrids and EVs' started by rosethornil, Apr 30, 2012.

1. rosethornil

rosethornil Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    This is my third Camry, and the first two (1998 and 2003) were purchased during some pretty lean years in my life. When I purchased those cars, I bought the ultra-cheap, bottom of the heap models (LE) with no extras.

This time (2012), I'm 53 years old and ready for a sweet ride, so I purchased the 2012 XLE with a few extras and it is ONE FINE CAR.

I am a real car buff, and I am completely in love with my newest Camry. It's the metallic gray with the gray and white leather interior (heated seats), and it is a thing of beauty.

On my first 150 miles (just got it Saturday), I was averaging 43.9 mpg, but then I had to floor it a few times just to hear those 200 horsies under the hood take off.

My oh my, that was a delightful moment for me.

The 2003 Camry (just traded it in) had 170,000 miles and I kept it in meticulous condition. The last 25,000 miles cost me some dough, and I was tired of fiddling around with it.

I hope the 2012 gives me 150,000 trouble-free miles.

Anyway - I do have one question for the smart people. Is there a place where I can find a diagram that shows/labels the engine's components? I know quite a bit about traditional gasoline engines, but I can't figure out what's what under the hood of the new Camry.

Rose in Norfolk, VA

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    now that's passion! is it a hybrid?

3. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    MY wife's HyCam is in transit!! We have VIN! I am looking forward to playing with this new toy as much as my wife is. It will be interesting to see how she fares with her daily commute!
    I can't wait, I can't wait, I can't wait, :D

4. firepa63

firepa63 Former Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I like my new Camry Hybrid also, but I wouldn't want to sleep in it.

5. rosethornil

rosethornil Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Well, I'm a real car buff. Through and through.

And it's just so pretty, I'm can't stop admiring it!

Yes, it's a hybrid. I said earlier it had white leather interior. In fact, it's grey. :)

6. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well it's using the same 2AR-FE 2.5 litre DOHC I4 Dual VVT-i engine as the regular 4 cylinder Camry (though I think it's down to intake variable valve timing on the hybridized version). You can take a look at a regular Camry 4 cylinder and then take a look under your hood. The engine components will be pretty similar (and should be in the same position). We had a 2002 Camry (2AZ-FE engine) and when the Camry Hybrid came out 2007, it had the exact same engine and it looked very familiar under the hood.

However, if you really want diagrams, you can sign up for TechInfo (dot toyota dot com) and sign up for a 1 day pass (really 1.5 days since it expires at 11:59pm on the next day) and you can download any PDFs you want.