1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I'm visiting Toyota Motor Corp next week

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by siliconhybrid, May 25, 2007.

1. siliconhybrid

siliconhybrid Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hey, my prius got totalled, see my other thread: The other thread

I will buy another Prius, so far no luck yet. Anywho, my wife and I are visiting Japan and we are going to visit Toyota plant, joining the assembly plant tour. I know I can't take pictures inside the plant, I can only take pics in the picture non-restricted area only. Does anyone have any suggestions, or questions or whatever things we can/shoud/may do/know while we are there?

Our plan is to be there on Friday June 1. I will be back June 4.

Oh btw, anyone in California with HOV stickers want to sell your Prius? Package 4 or above, year 2006 or 2007?

Thank You

2. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    You could ask them to update the status on lithium ion batteries and plug-in recharging in Prius.

You could suggest that the US market is impatiently waiting for a hybrid minivan.

3. smokey1

smokey1 New Member

you could always get a PRIUS here in NEW YORK state , plenty available here . :D

4. siliconhybrid

siliconhybrid Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tochatihu @ May 26 2007, 09:56 AM) [snapback]450388[/snapback]</div>

Those are great questions... I will ask them.

5. ozyran

ozyran New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(siliconhybrid @ May 25 2007, 09:51 PM) [snapback]450166[/snapback]</div>
    Eat at McDonald's in Tokyo and show us some pics! Oh, and while you're there, nudge them and say that we're eagerly awaiting not only a hybrid minivan, but a hybrid light-duty truck as well.

Most of the people I met when I was in Japan were very courteous, and quite pleasant to talk to. Something else that caught me offguard was the number of locals that knew how to speak even a little English.

Anything else I'm forgetting....? Oh yeah, have fun! Japan is an absolute blast to run around in. Take some pictures and let us know how it was!

6. dfrost7

dfrost7 Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ozyran @ May 26 2007, 12:15 PM) [snapback]450448[/snapback]</div>

Are they working on or planning to make a Pick-up? I would buy one in a heartbeat. How about 4x4?

7. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tochatihu @ May 26 2007, 09:56 AM) [snapback]450388[/snapback]</div>
    You can suggest that U.S. buyers would like to buy some of the same options as the Japanese like the side signal mirrors.

8. onlynark

onlynark Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    anyone else thinking an all wheel drive prius?

9. pola

pola New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(siliconhybrid @ May 25 2007, 07:51 PM) [snapback]450166[/snapback]</div>
    Have a great time on your trip ! Tell them we want better traction control so we don't have to worry about snow, or mountains...!
    All the best, pola

10. NuShrike

NuShrike Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Ask them if they are going to make a better bracing plate for the bottom-rear of the Prius to correct the cross-wind instability everybody reports.

Or, you can ask them if they make available for exportable parts (meaning cheaper for the USA) for the Prius that we can buy such as:
    adjustable height driver's seat
    signal mirror housing
    sport suspension shocks

and all the nice accessories that seem to be available only for the Japanese Domestic Market.

Don't forget to hit Roppongi, Asakusa, Odaiba, Disney Sea, and such if you're going to be in the Tokyo area. :)

11. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    They may not be able to answer most of the questions posed here. I've been on the Tsutsumi plant tour and to Toyota Kaikan Exhibition Hall (http://www.toyota.co.jp/en/about_toyota/facility/toyota_kaikan/) well before I owned a Prius. I did see the current gen Prius being produced there along w/the Camry, I think the Lexus ES along w/ some other vehicles that don't exist in the US.

Although my guides explained everything pretty well, they were both younger women and didn't seem like car enthusiast, the engineer or marketing/product planning type.

Many companies have to be very careful as well about what future product plans. It's a bad idea to spill the beans unless it's a well coordinated announcement driven by marketing, product planning, etc. Having been in the software business for over 10 years, I know all about this...

12. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(siliconhybrid @ May 25 2007, 06:51 PM) [snapback]450166[/snapback]</div>
    Visit MegaWeb!!! Toyota's largest showroom/themepark!

Ask them about Li-Ion and/or any other details about the next gen HSD system (if they'll spill anything).