1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Immobilizer ECU issues

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Ashneel Pathak, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Ashneel Pathak

Ashneel Pathak New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi there,

I have a rental car to which my customer lost keys to. Unfortunately this was the only key. The customer got in contact with a few techs who werent able to make a key while they all did a number of things to the car and smart ecu.

He turned to me when he couldnt make it work. I have a fair bit of knowledge of immobilizers and smart keys. Have read keys from ecu and have made a spare. The IG turns on and the light on push button turns green when brake pedal is pressed but the car wont go into ready mode when trying to start.

There are no DTC's and i have tried ECU certification ID match on techstream followed by shorting pins 4 and 13 (CG and TC) on DLC3 connector..did not work.

Any ideas as to what i have to do now? The techs might have swapped the smart ecu. All help will be appreciated.

Gen III 2011 Prius

Thanks.

2. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Your only recourse is to purchase one or more new key fobs from a Toyota dealer and have them reseed the car and pair it with the new key fobs.You would then need to get the mechanical keys in the fobs cut to fit the door locks.

3. Ashneel Pathak

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    thanks for your response. If im not wrong, will need to reseed if I am using unlocked or used replacement keys?

4. Prodigyplace

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The key fobs need to be virgin unprogrammed fobs.
    Used programmed fobs cannot be used unless they are somehow cleared

5. Ashneel Pathak

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks. So they key i used to make a copy had been cleared. Used CN900 to virgin the replacement fob and then used the emulator to program additional key with SKP900. This is the same methodni have used on many cars and always works well.

The issue i have now is that i manage to get the IG on with the new programmed fob but the car wont go into ready. When i press the brake pedal the light on the push start button turns red to green but nothing happens. There are no trouble codes either.

What do you reckon could be the issue? Do i need to reset the immobilizer or reset the ecm?

6. Prodigyplace

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I am confused. Your first post said the only key was lost meaning you have no key for that car. If that is the case the dealer needs to reseed the car.
    If you still have a working fob for that car an additional one can be added without reseeding.

7. Ashneel Pathak

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sorry for the confusion. I used tango tools and made a key. Problem is the IG turns on, the fob works on the locks but car wont go into ready when i push start button with break pedal pressed. The start button LED turn green when i push the break pedal in but nothing happens when i press start button. Just the IG remains on.

Looks like an issue with the ecu's or something. No dtc's and the immo light goes off when IG is on. Few guys have worked on the car before me and we dont know what they did.

Hope that clarifies.