1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Importing Prius to Sweden

Discussion in 'International Owners' started by solvig, Mar 21, 2008.

1. solvig

solvig New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    We are moving from the USA to Sweden this summer and are planning to import our 2006 Prius (Californian specification) . Does anyone have experience, advice, warnings etc.?

2. eurosteve

eurosteve Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I've shipped cars back and forth to Germany, through Bremmerhaven (5 cars). These were in conjunction with US government employment. I paid for one move myself (we shipped 2 cars, the government allowed us one). On one trip, the aftermarket fogs lights got sheared off of my Saab. Otherwise, no other damage. The shipper will take a very careful inventory of the condition of the car. I would make sure that you get this so you can claim any scratches etc on the other end - if any occur. They usually only want you to have a minimal amount of gas in the car when you drop it off. I would leave as little as possible in the car that can be stolen. Anything that isn't standard and built in should be removed or it might get removed for you.

Any questions, let me know...