1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

IMPRESED WITH PRIUS MPG

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by ched1968, Dec 26, 2005.

1. ched1968

ched1968 New Member

Today, Out of the blue after lunch, my family and I decided to go to Las Vegas to spend the christmas holiday there. , so, i filled up my tank then started out (i have a 05 pkg 6 silver).... from Orange county (Rancho Santa Margarita) to Stardust hotel,Las Vegas is 280 miles. immediately after i arrived at Vegas i filled her up again, WOW i only put in 5 gallons and its full tank already!!!!!!!! considering the terrain up and down at 4000ft elevation it still get that much MPG, i stayed with 60-70 MPH all the way. just want to share my incredible experience...so happppyyyyy!!!! :D

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    After 280 miles you even considered looking at a gas station? I am saddened. LOL

Then again, depending on the temp, topography, how much driving around in Vegas, ect., you may or may not have made it back on the same tank.

Where did you start from?

I remember the first time I drove Priapus from Chicagoland to Southern Indiana (on the Ohio River) to my parents' house. My dad asked how far I'd gotten before I needed to refuel. I told him that it's only 375 miles; I plan on refilling around Indy on the way home!

3. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

buy this man a drink.

for he's just taken...

...a piercing glimpse.

Into...

...the OBVIOUS!

:lol:

Glad you're having a ball with it, I was pretty psyched too in my first month or so... Er, actually STILL am to some extent!