1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Impressed my Carpoolers

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by Winston, May 21, 2007.

1. Winston

Winston Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Got a brand new Prius this weekend. I am surprised at the MPG. Did a trip to the beach over hilly terrain. Averaged 46mpg(70mile trip). Then on my commute to work I got 50.5mpg(25mile trip). Both trips included highway speeds over 70mph. I only have 200 miles on the car. I thought the mileage was supposed to get better after the first few thousand miles?!? I am really happy.

My carpoolers were impressed with the 50mpg. I commute with two other guys. They are both over 6 feet tall. They fit in the back seat great. However, the front seat actually seems to have less legroom than the back.

2. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Winston @ May 21 2007, 04:03 PM) [snapback]446929[/snapback]</div>
    Congratulations & welcome to the site.

3. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Welcome to PriusChat, Winston! Yes, MPG usually improves after 5-6K miles, but you're doing great now. Your carpoolers may notice that the fold-down center arm rest in the back goes all the way to the seat. That is how it's designed, it isn't broken, just odd. Have fun in your new car!

4. SomervillePrius

SomervillePrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    The prius is a great car pool car. Seats 4 people comfortably especially for people in the rear. I'm glad (but not surprised) you're great mileage already. It will get slightly better over the next 4-6k miles as the tires/car break-in and you can fine tune your technique. Keep reading!

The prius is a great car pool car. Seats 4 people comfortably especially for people in the rear. I'm glad (but not surprised) you're great mileage already. It will get slightly better over the next 4-6k miles as the tires/car break-in and you can fine tune your technique. Keep reading!