1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Improving PC use suggestions

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by MarinJohn, Jan 19, 2005.

1. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

Danny, a couple of suggestions: on your next revision could you place another "mark all forumns read" at the Bottom of the screen? Regarding avatars, is there some way it could be designed so that one could drop any size photo into there and it would automatically resize the photo to the proper KB for the avatars? While deleting all cookies, is there a way we can leave the PC cookie while removing the rest? Thanks for all your good work!!!

2. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    John -

Some great ideas you have, there. Why don't we use this thread to throw out futher suggestions to improve the next version of PriusChat. It looks like there will be a new version of the software PriusChat is built on within in the next week or so, so I'm going to be doing some work on the site anyway.

As far as cookies, there will be a Cookie Manager that will hopefully provide the functionality you are looking for. I also hope to add a "Car Profile" to build into your profile, with a pic of your Prius, mods, etc. We also hope to launch a Mileage Database soon.

3. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

I'd like to see a way to go through all posts since last post, but when I look at a post, I can return to the list. Unless I am missing something, I can't see how to get back to the list, except with the BACK button on the browser. Most of the time, that works, but sometimes the list changes, and I am concerned I will lose posts I haven't seen yet at the bottom of the list, where PC might think I had seen them since last view of the list.

4. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I would not be a Platinum member if I didn't think you were doing a great job. Even when the site was down, I wanted to contribute if only to remind you that we enjoy and benefit from your hard work.

I just feel that it's important to frame the feedback as to make sure it's not taken as criticism or insult.

I'm still voting for an "Ignore this thread". I don't yet own a bluetooth phone and never read the threads. But everytime I "view posts since last visit", I get bluetooth threads. I would click into them once if only to hit the icon that would turn them off to me.

How about an offline version of PC? Something that's automatically updated to my hard drive even when I'm not logged on. With full posting and PMing capabilities. But I don't want to have to be logged in to do it. [that was a joke]

Can you add a link in the Usergroup page that links to the threads of that group? I might be doing it wrong or missing something that's already there, but it seems to me that I have to go one place to see the members of my local group and go to another place to access the threads posted by those members. If you're a member, you would go to the posts and if you're not a member, you would get that "you're not special" notice.

Oh, and can you make PriusChat look more like a spreadsheet or a technical document. That way, people at work would think I'm actually working. Thanks!

Keep up the great work!
    :)

5. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'd like to see 'check boxes' next to threads I don't want to read when I hit "see posts since last visit"...then you could "delete marked threads" and be left with only the ones you were interested in. I think Tony's idea is good too, though I probably wouldn't use it much b/c some theads I ignore for a while, then, when they start getting busy, I jump in only to find they've morphed into something different than they were originally.

6. bookrats

bookrats New Member

That's exactly what I was going to say; and frankly, that's the only significant improvement I can think of.

Two minor tweaks:
    • Make hyperlinks blue (or some similar color) by default, to make them stand out from the rest of the text.
    • Fix the "search by title" option in the Search window. (Yes, I know... nag, nag, nag. :roll:)

• Really, man, you've done an amazing job -- none better. I'd be perfectly happy with PriusChat running As Is.

The really significant improvement that needs to be made is that Toyota should give you a free Prius, Danny!

7. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

Another useful thing would concern the "User Info" box on the left of the screen. Possible to reverse the avatar with the rest of the info? This would save a mouse click. This is merely a minor fine tune to a GREAT site.