1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Improving the sat nav interface

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by raspy, Oct 18, 2016.

1. raspy

raspy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't know about US Gen 4 owners, but I don't use the satellite navigation built into my Gen 4's dash, because it's slow and clunky (compared to Google Maps on my phone)

I spoke to my Toyota dealer today who said the new C-HR (which is also based on the same platform as the Gen 4) would have a vastly improved interface when it comes to satellite navigation. He seemed rather impressed by the new interface.

I wonder if it would be possible to put the new interface in the Gen 4? would it simply be a software upgrade?

Toyota C-HR | New Cars | Toyota UK

RCO likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    good question, might have to replace the whole h/u, knowing toyota. otoh, i wouldn't trust a sales weasel's word, after years and years of bad toyota gps and infotainment, i'll believe it when i see it.
    according to one review, prime 11" screen is only improved in one area, screen size. same bad technology. why wouldn't they put it there?

RCO likes this.