1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

In Banner Elk, NC this weekend?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by PeeDeePrius, May 21, 2005.

1. PeeDeePrius

PeeDeePrius Junior Member

Anybody in Banner Elk, NC this (5/21/05) weekend? That was me that parked next to you in the motel parking lot. Couldn't hep mysef!

Two Tidelands. Too cool. Only other Prius I've seen in NC/SC since I bought mine in April. Too funny..

have pics, will post soon...

2. popoff

popoff New Member

Welcome to the High Country! You picked a great weekend to come up here.

If you see this in time, head over to Good Eats in Foscoe. Family operated, immense portions of really good food, and very reasonable prices.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend in God's country

3. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    WoW! Banner Elk! That brings back some good memories of skiing there at Sugar and Beach mountains the winter of 1977-78.

The Holiday Inn was full, but they gave us a phone number to call for a local family that would take in skiers for the weekend. That was my first bed and breakfast experience, except they were just a regular family in a large house with some extra rooms downstairs for our group of four to six.

Dad was a temporally laid-up contractor, so they could use the extra money. We ended up going back and staying with them several times that winter . . . we liked it much better than the hotel.

On our last weekend, we paid their daughter’s way to go skiing with us. They were charging less than the hotel AND feeding us breakfast and dinner, so on the last day we also gave them the savings from all our trips as a thank-you. They were very appreciative.

Everyone we ran into in that area were the nicest people. :)
    I hope the area hasn't lost its charm in the last 25+ years.