1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

In channel Vent Shade Question

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by toyotatrd, Jun 5, 2010.

1. toyotatrd

toyotatrd Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Does anyone know if you can buy in channel vent shades for the 4 door 2010 Prius? Also, I have seen that weathertech has them for the 2009 model. Would those fit on the 2010? I don't know what the differnce in the door frame for the windows are for the 2009 and 2010. Thanks!:D

2. seasalsa

seasalsa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I couldn't find in-channel vent shades so I got the kind that are installed with tape. I had them on my GII and had no problems. The new ones were easy to install and look great.

You might try a Google search on Side Window Deflectors for more results.

3. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two

I have never personally used "in channel' shades before. How are they fastened please?

I was at the Toy dealer parts counter last week and see they have the stick on type though for $65.

I just put new stick-on's on my other car and had to take its older scratched up ones off and that stick tape is unbelievably tough to get off. So I felt good putting new sticky ones back on as I know they will not fall off.

4. swoodchuk

swoodchuk Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I bought the set from weather tech and they were marked 2009 but they fit perfect on my 2010. I did not use the metal clips provided for the back ones though.

5. samsprius1

samsprius1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
  6. sipnfuel

sipnfuel New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    These are not in-channel vent shades, rather stick on using 3M tape. There are many members on this forum who have purchased this version.

This is the manufacturer's store, but you can get it similarly priced from Ebay

HIC USA Store

I give the item a 4/5. Has not affected MPG like I thought they would.

7. ursle

ursle Gas miser

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I installed in channel vents and dislike them immensely, 4 out of 5 times when I use auto close for the window it stops and opens 2/3rd's of the way, they rattle if the window isn't closed and they stretched out the channel so wind noise is louder, my other vehicles have the tape on type and they are superior IMHO,YMMV

8. duffasaurus

duffasaurus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I have the stick on vent shades from HIC for over a year now. They are durable, easy to install and look great. They blend right in with the black door frame of the Prius. I've had the in channel vent shades from Weathertech, find them hard to install and can cause power window problems. Best of all the Hic product is much less expensive and does the job well!

9. Gary Otto

Gary Otto Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I've had both types and the channel mounted can cause the windows to bind. The stick on ones are great, just be sure to clean the area with alchol before installing. Also the stick-on ones protrude into the airstream more and do a better job of keeping the breeze out of your face. Goo-B-Gone works great for removing old adhesive...it's organic (citrus) and shouldn't harm any finishes.