1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

In-Dash 6 CD Location in Option 9

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by frbill, May 23, 2004.

1. frbill

frbill New Member

I hopefully will be getting my Driftwood #9 on Friday. I have purchased a PriusXM Kit and the dealer is going to put it in before delivery. I also want to eventually put in a connection for my iPOD. I am wondering if the the included CD Changer is in the storage compartment or as part of the primary radio head unit.

The reason I ask the question is it is my hope that along with the XM input there is a secondary CD Changer input that can be adapted to accept audio input from my iPOD.

I would just use an FM transmitter but our area is loaded with low end of the spectrum FM stations. There are no clean channels which will work for it.

Any information would me most appreciated.

Peace,

Fr. Bill Kessler

2. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Primary unit is where the changer is located in the Premium system.

3. gloomboy

gloomboy New Member

"The reason I ask the question is it is my hope that along with the XM input there is a secondary CD Changer input that can be adapted to accept audio input from my iPOD. "

I would also like to know this - I'm currently re-thinking the #9 package for my pre-ordered car in case I can't use one of these new aftermarket units(that use the CD Changer input) to control my iPOD.

Thanks.

4. jimseeker

jimseeker New Member

Hey gloomboy,
    check out some of the other threads on this chat site re: jbl stereo. I've read a couple of people wishing they'd not gotten the option 9 stereo upgrade so they could spend the extra cash on after market stereo. Also, there seem to have been no posts from anyone having changed the head unit or amp - only people who've added speakers, subs, and maybe an amp for the sub or just the rear speakers.
    I have the jbl premium system and am disappointed with it - kind of strange sound stage/image, wierd affect on my ears, base is muddy and restricted.

5. rflagg

rflagg Member

the XM unit plugs into the back of the radio with a 4 or 5 pin connector. I don't remember seeing any other 'simple' connections for audio input when hooking up my XM radio - Coastal Dave, or an EE is really what we need here, and it seems like it'll be indefinate when Coastal Dave will have his added audio/video input package ready (it's been what, 7 months now that we've been waiting?)

I promise you though, regardless of package 9 or any other, it's not a 'simple' fix. And personally, I think a different head unit would hurt the look of the dash, but to each their own. If you want a fix now, you'll need a new head unit, one that'll accept XM, and have to probably deal with it not working through the Multi Display.

-m.